Some Beginner Questions

Topics related to Second Age
Malthus

Some Beginner Questions

Post by Malthus »

1) WDIHTF to be able to send a PM on this board? I have reviewed the FAQs and cannot find my malfunction - the link to PM a user is not present under the username or anywhere in their profile.

2) On the three account per player rule: how is this measured? Depending on the average level of sociopathy manifest in the community I may want to introduce others in my household to the golden age of UO we have here with T2A. That would mean, possibly, more than three accounts would be associated with only the single IP from which our connection would originate. Is this going to be a problem?

3) I only played before UOR for a few months and gameplay mechanics are lost to senescence. Are the patch notes the authoritative documentation of game mechanics? For example, searching the boards I see several incompatible explanations of the effects of armor on meditation rates and my characters are not even developed enough to test it myself.

4) Any old LS players here?

THANK YOU to everyone involved in making this shard available!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Some Beginner Questions

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Malthus wrote:1) WDIHTF to be able to send a PM on this board? I have reviewed the FAQs and cannot find my malfunction - the link to PM a user is not present under the username or anywhere in their profile.
It may have to do with your account, brand new accounts lack a few features but once you're no longer "newly registered" you'll have full forum abilities. We had a recent wave of spam and have a few extra measures in place right now.
Malthus wrote: 2) On the three account per player rule: how is this measured? Depending on the average level of sociopathy manifest in the community I may want to introduce others in my household to the golden age of UO we have here with T2A. That would mean, possibly, more than three accounts would be associated with only the single IP from which our connection would originate. Is this going to be a problem?
We do allow houses with multiple people to play, we take it on a case by case basis, asking Staff specifically for an exception to be noted is highly recommended, because if you fail to do so and begin having your family/friends start playing, we may ban all but 3 accounts (because no notice was given that your household required more accounts)
Malthus wrote: 3) I only played before UOR for a few months and gameplay mechanics are lost to senescence. Are the patch notes the authoritative documentation of game mechanics? For example, searching the boards I see several incompatible explanations of the effects of armor on meditation rates and my characters are not even developed enough to test it myself.
We have a Patch Notes board, a decent guide board/list and a Wiki (currently located here) that should help you on your way.
Malthus wrote: 4) Any old LS players here?
I played Lake Superior from 1997-2002 under the name RoadKill, Poisoner Bob, Jarvis, and RoadKillian. There are a number of other players here from Lake Superior. I will let them introduce (or not) themselves.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Malthus wrote:1) WDIHTF to be able to send a PM on this board? I have reviewed the FAQs and cannot find my malfunction - the link to PM a user is not present under the username or anywhere in their profile.

2) On the three account per player rule: how is this measured? Depending on the average level of sociopathy manifest in the community I may want to introduce others in my household to the golden age of UO we have here with T2A. That would mean, possibly, more than three accounts would be associated with only the single IP from which our connection would originate. Is this going to be a problem?

3) I only played before UOR for a few months and gameplay mechanics are lost to senescence. Are the patch notes the authoritative documentation of game mechanics? For example, searching the boards I see several incompatible explanations of the effects of armor on meditation rates and my characters are not even developed enough to test it myself.

4) Any old LS players here?

THANK YOU to everyone involved in making this shard available!

1. I believe you have to have a post minimum. Maybe it is 10? Then you can PM people. This is to stop spam-robots I believe.
2. Talk to a GM, usually via irc, if you seek to get permission.
3. Not sure.
4. Hail, I'm one at least. I played LS from around 1999 up until UOR/AoS. Moved to Siege, then some free-shards and now here. Somewhere on this forum is a massive thread of old LS players introducing themselves. Here it is viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16011&p=156423

Welcome to UOSA!
Last edited by Bixby Legbone on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Hello and welcome!

I played on LS too - from 98-2001

Good luck starting out here

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

LS 4 Eva!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Malthus

Post by Malthus »

Thanks for the comments and links, folks.

LS was awesome in the day. Not sure if I should reveal any personalities as there might be grudges out there still. I had a lot of issues to work out at that time in my life and one means to work them out involved certain anti-social behaviors.

All aside, the more I experience T2A the better it gets. I wish I had known of it sooner.

Thanks.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Malthus wrote:one means to work them out involved certain anti-social behaviors.
You'll find this is still the case for some people here.

Don't worry about past grudges--nobody here worth associating with will antagonize you for ancient beef.
^