Less Secure Trading

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Less Secure Trading

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 02/23/2000
Server Publish Feb 23 2000 10:22AM CST
Trade Window Changes
Trade windows will become more secure.
You will not be able to trade a trapped item.
You will not be able to trade an item that was recently stolen.
You will not be able to trade items to a player if that player cannot hold the items.
If the items are too heavy for the player or if the items would exceed the number of items the player can carry, the trade will fail. All items in the trade window will go back into each character’s pack.
You will not be able to pick items up while the trade window is open. However, you will still be able to rearrange items in your own pack during the trade.
Derricks target date.
We're aiming for most things to be pre-BritCleanup, however, we've taken some items that are simply of convienience from post brit-cleanup such as smelting, and runebooks.

Anything that's within era is up for discussion, anything that's out of era entirely we avoid. We don't peg to a specific point in time for many reasons, but the general timeframe we target is mid to late 1999.
I think that because these changes became after the target date, and because there kind of ghey they should be reverted back to there less secure version.

ClowN

Re: Less Secure Trading

Post by ClowN »

i agree, i liked the old flawed trading system. much easier to scam people :D

vote +1

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Code: Select all

You will not be able to trade a trapped item.
You will not be able to trade an item that was recently stolen.
You will not be able to trade items to a player if that player cannot hold the items.
These are the ones that gripe me.

platy

Post by platy »

+1 on the vote..
I've been waiting to see heavy items drop for a long time now..
I've brought this up before, but don't know what happened with the idea: Most were for it also-- even the tradesman who wanted a "Good reputation" so that they would get more business if this was implemented.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Bump come on Derrick sprinkle some pixie dust and make it happen!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree with this. However, there's quite a bit of work to do to make all things related to this accurate, and it should really be done in one swoop. Another thing semi related to this is the house preview when placing, that was added around this same time.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Derrick wrote:Another thing semi related to this is the house preview when placing, that was added around this same time.
i had forgot all about this. i remember it used to be extremley difficult to get a house placed in the exact spot you wanted it because you would only get a target cursor (i think).