Reducing fingers slip

Topics related to Second Age
sportsfan35

Reducing fingers slip

Post by sportsfan35 »

Is there a way to reduce your fingers from slipping during healing?

Does wrestling help?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Reducing fingers slip

Post by morgan1109 »

As far as I know there is no way to reduce finger slips other than not getting hit (hide, invis, LOS, etc).

If you want to reduce the "barely heals" you need to heal less damage, reduce finger slips (above), or raise healing.

Once you get 60 in anatomy and healing, you can begin to cure poisons and this is the best way to raise healing at this point. Once you hit 80 anatomy and healing, you can rez people and this becomes the best path to GM. Training on another character speeds up the training process.

Your best bet is to start healing as soon as damage comes in (healing less damage) so you can afford one "barely heals" before you get into the zone where you get mostly "barely heals". If you start getting past the sweet spot of skill gains I tend to break LOS or hide until I can get back up to a safe level then resume the battle.

That being said once you hit 60/60 you can safely macro healing up with another character that constantly poisons themselves or is dead, so if it feels like you are ineffective a couple hours of training via macro can help quite a bit as you make your way up.

Hope that helps.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I don't recall and can't test, but parried hits may not impact healing. Also, parry can be GM'd in an hour or less using some of the guides on this board.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Good catch! Eomin is my GM healer and has GM Mace/Parry

The mace slows down the hits of the enemy which helps reduce slips.

Parry I'm not 100% on. At least on big hits, I think some damage still gets through which would cause a slip. Smaller hits might not cause a slip, but can't be sure.

Magic resist helps, but raising healing is much easier, heh heh.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

sportsfan35

Post by sportsfan35 »

Thanks for the input.

I thought I remember a way to heal without interruption (such as with wrestling).

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

wrestling only helps if you're bare handed, the same way any weapon skill increases your chance of dodging incoming attacks. A successful parry should still make you slip, as any dmg (even 1 hp) will cause a slip. So either kite a mob to get hit less and slip less and GM whatever weapon (or wrestling if for some reason you're barehanded healing) you use.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I think during later eras there were mechanics or skill combinations that would allow you to heal without penalty. My play became really inconsistent after 2000ish, so my memory is way less accurate from Ren forward.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

This thread is not what I was expecting...

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Azheman has invested a great deal of time in researching the most efficient way to finger one's own ass.