Why GM poisoning?

Topics related to Second Age
sportsfan35

Why GM poisoning?

Post by sportsfan35 »

Is there a benefit to having GM poison rather than just having 95 or so?

I'm asking because after reading through the guides on poisoning and trying to GM a poisoner myself, I found that it takes forever and is very expensive to gain the last few points.

I'm currently at 97.5 and gains come at about .1 per 2-3k nightshade (I tried with both GP and DP.

Is there a real benefit to gaining those last few points, or would I just be spending a lot of time and money for the GM title?

slyyoungstar

Re: Why GM poisoning?

Post by slyyoungstar »

not that I'm aware of - my poisoner as about 96 for over a year and can't remember the last time I failed

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

It's not about failure, it's about the number of hits worth you can apply and the probability to poison your opponent per hit. I've never played a poison dexer, but I'm pretty sure the way the mechanics work and the math breaks down that you may as well gm now. If you weren't going to, you would have been better off stopping at 75 or 80.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

sportsfan35

Post by sportsfan35 »

My understanding is that the poisoning skill just increases the chance of successfully applying the poison. Once applied, the number of hits is dependent on the level of poison used, not the level of skill. Someone let me know if I'm mistaken on this.

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

I agree w sportsfan, but the wiki seems to be down to confirm

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I know it also dictates the percentage chance that you apply per swing with the break being every 20 or 25 point as I recall. So, while it may not control the amount you apply, it will play a roll in how many wasted swings/charges you have...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Wiki server is having issues, Derrick is on the case though.

You can find answers currently, it's not optimal, by going to Google and typing in:

"site:wiki.uosecondage.com _______" where the blank is whatever you're looking for. This tells Google to only show results from the UOSA wiki website. Now, when you see the result you want listed in Google (in this case, poisoning), click the down arrow next to the URL to load Google's cache. If that cache doesn't seem to load, you can click "Text-only version" to get to the content. Below is the Poisoning page from the Wiki:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... us&strip=1
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

So it looks like I was mistaken in saying that it's broken into quarter tiers. It's a straight percentage the way that wiki is written. I had always thought that there no difference in probability between 80 skill and 90 skill. Looks like I was wrong.

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Try the archive. I have noticed that most of it is the same there are a few differences.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140101171 ... /Main_Page
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Practically,no. After mid 90s you successfully supply every time and the difference it's negligible.

sportsfan35

Post by sportsfan35 »

Thanks for the input and confirming what I thought.

It seems like the ability to apply deadly poison to a weapon should be similar to an alchemist's ability to create the DP.

Since it's not, I guess I'm done training poisoning (until I no longer have the use for gold and just want to burn some to get that GM title).

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

My understanding is Poison skill / 4 = %
95 skill = 23.75% chance to poison on hit
100 skill = 25% chance to poison on hit

GM Poisoning yields the best title in the game imo though.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Soulbreak wrote:My understanding is Poison skill / 4 = %
95 skill = 23.75% chance to poison on hit
100 skill = 25% chance to poison on hit

GM Poisoning yields the best title in the game imo though.
This is how I remember it from the old days :D