Air ellies at Shame

Topics related to Second Age
Blade Spirit

Air ellies at Shame

Post by Blade Spirit »

So now, after a bit of training I got my char to GM Evalint, Meditation.
Trained a bit to 62ish magery, 50ish resist spells.

With this uber char I decided to go "farming" air ellies at Shame.
To my surprise I forgot how rewarding it was! In my years in OSI, I completely forgot that air ellies loot was nerfed. Here they drop 430gp!!! WOW!
No surprise it was very crowded :D

Well what was fun it was the competition with 2 other chars tring to farm ellies. And funny was the way I tried to steal a few gp from other kills :D

All this with eyes wide open to spot any trouble from pks. No wonder they abund here. Loot is incredible.

I really think I'll come farm again to keep cash flow to buy me regs :D

But praise to this shard.
In OSI UO, people would farm with 250 stats, 120 skills, uber items and uber modifiers. And wouild do this afk with absolutely no risk!!
Yesterday, well, it was risky. As soon as I had 1k I'd recall to bank :D

N-C Events

Re: Air ellies at Shame

Post by N-C Events »

Scavenger when other people are farming . Air elemental are great way to start. The single lich spawn in cove 3 is really good as well if you get your hands on a silver wep.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

When I was bored I used to run through, gather them all up, and then drop an EV on them all. Quick 2k or so
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

One of the most pk visited spots on our server. I love it.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

N-C Events wrote:Scavenger when other people are farming . Air elemental are great way to start. The single lich spawn in cove 3 is really good as well if you get your hands on a silver wep.
Careful with that one, PK's love running through Cove looking for gold-heavy blues to pick off. Shame too, but at least Shame 2 has the benefit of a hallway separating the bridge from Shame 1, so you can see someone coming and act before they have a chance to get the jump on you.

I'm going to try Air Eles later, after I get 60ish Archery/Tactics off Harpies (and farm enough feathers). Hopefully I can get good resist gains at 55 off Air Eles, because Liches nuke a bit too hard at 55 Resists.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Air Elementals do give a very respectable amount of gold, plus they die pretty easily

There are loads of air elems in the woods, esp in the northern territories near Ice Dungeon. There's also almost no chance of running into a PK in the middle of the woods up there

you also may want to consider getting resist up to 62 from casting lightning bolt on yourself(or with an alt) - it's fairly cheap and well worth the investment.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Wychethyl wrote:Air Elementals do give a very respectable amount of gold, plus they die pretty easily

There are loads of air elems in the woods, esp in the northern territories near Ice Dungeon. There's also almost no chance of running into a PK in the middle of the woods up there

you also may want to consider getting resist up to 62 from casting lightning bolt on yourself(or with an alt) - it's fairly cheap and well worth the investment.
Won't 55 get you good resist gains from Air Eles, to at least 75 or 80?

Downs

Post by Downs »

I find that the treasure boxes that the air eles sometimes drop make them the most profitable monsters to farm!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Volga

Post by Volga »

Downs wrote:I find that the treasure boxes that the air eles sometimes drop make them the most profitable monsters to farm!
Can confirm- The one I looted last week had a vanq hally and 2 treasure maps in it
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Downs wrote:I find that the treasure boxes that the air eles sometimes drop make them the most profitable monsters to farm!
+1
Don't forget to post screenies of your findings!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Yes please

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Is there any place where you can get constant (every minute or so) lich spawns that is rarely visited by PK's?

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

yes, that place is to be found in dreams

as one cannot use dream gold in game, I would suggest Wind although it's easy to get trapped in there by a cunning, patient PK

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Wychethyl wrote:yes, that place is to be found in dreams

as one cannot use dream gold in game, I would suggest Wind although it's easy to get trapped in there by a cunning, patient PK
God....so Liches are watched constantly by PK's then? They must have some serious appeal to hunting by blues...

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Did you ever play on OSI? Back on Lake Superior, lichens were one of the most frequently farmed mobs, and it's the same here. Anyone can get a silver weapon dirt cheap and make very easy quick gold from them.

As they are camped frequently by many (and often by newer players) PKs ghost or visit the spawns regularly