LISTEN HERE WIZARDS

Topics related to Second Age
farnk

LISTEN HERE WIZARDS

Post by farnk »

i'm gonna make this as short and simple as i can. if i ramble, i ramble.

this server has seen an elite amount of #'s come across any other free server. however, this came across about 5 years ago. there was a steady population of about 100 clients logged in at the time (in the premature ejac.........stage). sure it was an earlier stage of the server; people came and went but at that time, the majority of them stayed. why? nostalgia. i didn't start playing here until march of 2009, my brother started playing here in fall of 2008, he's the polar opposite player; dexxer and roleplayer. when he played here he kept telling me to do so aswell; i even held parties at player taverns, there were like 50 people that showed up and i kept denying because i was a pvper only and nothing else... the previous server i bbqswed a euro UOR ; server ccalled defiance.....anyway defiance was starting to die and a lot of my friends that played there ended up coming here, all were quality pvpers, amazing team players, amazing ctfers, etc. we came here, farmed a fuck ton, it was like we were noobies on OSI again when we came here, trying to face the top dogs right away, preparing for the best duelers, pvpers that were in the tournaments, running the field. yet as weak and determined we were, we made noise right away (chad and finesse were the best after a month). we were fucking determined to get a good record and earn our silver to get shit everyone likes in UO. we farmed hours upon hours to gain skills, and i remember numerous times we got raided as a group before we even guilded as noobs. that's what even formed us more. we started a guild under a european uo legend, crome. a lot of drama went on. we were only weeks, maybe months old and we were beating the competition here easily. there was so much UO nostalgia.........competition..........BECAUSE WE WANTED AND DID COMPETE IN THE "AUTO" EVENTS. WE WANTED TO PLAY OUR UO THE WAY WE WANTED TO; COMPETITIVELY, RECORDED AND REWARDED. active and everything. once that stopped, the recognition, the silver, the battles, we all lost interest. we all eventually lost hope. this is the mYm story.

now i sit here and ask.........not ask. but try to decipher fun from anal. this is a fucking ~20 year old game and we're still pushing for complete accuracy.

WELL GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS; "ERA ACCURACY" IS NOT WHAT MADE THIS SERVER WHAT IT IS TODAY. THE "INACCURACIES" HAVE MADE THIS SERVER BLOOM, BRINGING COMPETITIVE PEOPLE AND MOSTLY, GROUPS/GUILDS FROM OTHER SERVERS. THE FACT THAT I EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING WRITE THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I FUCKING LOVE ULTIMA ONLINE, I REFUSE TO PLAY ANOTHER SERVER, UNLESS MY GUILDIES FORCE ME TO PLAY ANOTHER FOR A TEMPORARY TIME, THIS IS UO. THIS IS FUCKING ULTIMA ONLINE. AND WHEN I CONSTANTLY HEAR ABOUT THE NON-AUTO EVENTS I WANT TO PUNCH A RICH WHITE NERD IN THE FACE. THROW IN A NATIVE, BLACK AND JEW AND THEN THAT'S COOL.

#FARNKFOR DMINISTRATIVE

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: LISTEN HERE WIZARDS

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Nope. We don't need another one of these threads.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.