No
20%

Total votes: 20

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Community Poll - Dueling Dock Expansion

Post by Kaivan »

WarmApplepie wrote:This is truly unbelievable, a player trying to spice up the action on uosa makes a post about using an old arena and GM rains on said parade with, I can take it away if I want? Dafuq. Wouldn't the correct action be to say, "Awesome job. If there's anything you need from us lmk. I'll look into seeing if I can get said requests to happen."

Dat Chit Cray
Players are free to utilize any existing add-ons to promote whatever activities in game that they want. What players are not free to do is to claim that they now own some add-ons and then to demand that we rename them and support their claim, all while ignoring that we have frozen things as they are.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Downs

Post by Downs »

Wow, my motivation to become active again takes a hit after reading this.

Kavian, take this as constructive criticism please. Hardcore is trying to keep things active here. Why are you making it a point to fight him on what he's doing? If you aren't meaning it that way, it's coming across like you are.

Alienating people who are trying to keep activity on the shard is not going to help anything.

I get that ace duel pit technically isn't his as he didn't pay anything for it, but why threaten to take it away while you guys figure out the policy change? Given recent events, this wouldn't do the shard any favors.

Let him role play his pirate style and take unofficial ownership of it until policy gets straightened one day and he can expand his place.

And hardcore, let's talk in game about sharing some of the land south of your duel pit. Papa Downs will help you expand without static map items
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Downs wrote:Kavian, take this as constructive criticism please. Hardcore is trying to keep things active here. Why are you making it a point to fight him on what he's doing? If you aren't meaning it that way, it's coming across like you are.
I'm not fighting anyone on creating activity, short of the idea that we won't be creating new add-ons. If a group of players wants to use an existing add-ons for whatever time it will be around, that's fine.
Downs wrote:I get that ace duel pit technically isn't his as he didn't pay anything for it, but why threaten to take it away while you guys figure out the policy change?
It is a patently foolish idea to respond to a statement that essentially states that all add-ons are frozen as-is due to a policy rewrite, and to respond by essentially stating "Well fine, we claim this old arena, so give us what we want here." instead. It's a childish maneuver intended to ignore the freeze in policy, and if someone wants to act that way, then they'll have to cope without their toys at all.
Downs wrote:Let him role play his pirate style and take unofficial ownership of it until policy gets straightened one day and he can expand his place.
Who said that we would allow them, or any other group, to take over any of the old decorations at any point in time?
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I fail to see the problem here. We aren't touching addons at the moment as we do not have a concrete set of rules regarding them, therefore we cannot be "fair" or "consistent" going forward on the matter until we do.

I am terribly sorry that some of you may have stumbled on very old (and expensive) town addons and didn't immediately receive staff recognition of your self-proclaimed new dominion over them. Again, Kaivan hasn't even stated what staff decision regarding any specific situation will be, he has simply stated that we need to internally review and rewrite our guidelines for this before making any more decisions regarding add ons.

This isn't a "Kaivan" decision, but rather a rational decision held by all the staff. It's important we have a static and public set of guidelines regarding these things so we can continue to deliver our players a fair UO experience.

Thread locked as it's already all been said here. No need to continue talking past people for 3 pages, if you want to irrationally and inappropriately interpret a staff's text, that is really your own problem and we can't be expected to spell it out endlessly.