People not flagging right away after attacking my thief

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tagarr

People not flagging right away after attacking my thief

Post by Tagarr »

Issue I've noticed with my thief;

If I steal from someone, and they choose to attack me; I find frequently that they do not flag grey. They will be flagged blue, attacking me, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Should the player not flag grey to me the moment they attack me?

Is this a bug or some form of accurate ruleset I am unaware of?
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

Jaster

Re: People not flagging right away after attacking my thief

Post by Jaster »

thats the thing about being a thief ... you have to wait the 2 minute timer since stealing is an aggressive action ... after that, they will turn grey to you ...

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

It seems random though;

Sometimes the person won't be flagged for 30 seconds, sometimes it takes WELL over 2 minutes for them to flag grey...
I have noticed no consistancy with this, which is why I am inquiring!
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

Red

Post by Red »

When you attempt to steal something, its an agressive act. The two minute timer starts. If the player attacks you within the two minutes, he is blue. Assuming you don't do any other aggressive acts(like stealing or attacking a blue) you should be ok after two minutes. If you do perform another aggressive act within the two minutes, it will prolong the timer.