Topics related to Second Age
Grimoric

Britain Rune Library

Post by Grimoric »

I'm working on a new rune library. So far I'm done with:

- Town Book
- Dungeon Book (Entrance)
- Shrine Book
- THB (treasure maps) (Thanks Treysta for donation.)

This is a large work in progress, I have open it so people can use the runes that is ready.

- Grim
Last edited by Grimoric on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Treysta

Re: Britain Rune Library

Post by Treysta »

I'll donate a tmap set if you want.
^

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I have roughly 8,000 full runebooks from IDOCs. They're not sorted, but if you want to dig through them you're more than welcome.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Sephora on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Treysta wrote:I'll donate a tmap set if you want.
Thank you Treysta, that would be nice.
Capitalist wrote:I have roughly 8,000 full runebooks from IDOCs. They're not sorted, but if you want to dig through them you're more than welcome.
I'm looking for books with no markers mark, I will re-mark them so what's inside is not that importent. I have a small house deed to trade for some.

I will start work on all the shops in every town as my next step.

/Grim

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I'll meet up with you soon. I also have a comprehensive mining rune library that I'll donate to the cause as well. I'm just worried that you're going to run out of lockdowns rather quickly in a small house rune library! :(
^

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

I know you have a good spot there, but I think Treysta is right about the lockdowns.

I'd be willing to co-own you and let you build as big of a library you want at TSV. We can work my existing books in,
or I'll pull mine. You can stay on as co-owner to change/update whatever. You'll be free to deco as you wish.

I get a fair amount of traffic to the books I have now, especially the t-map books, plus the vendor traffic.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Well I thougt of making a library in the old style but use runebooks instead of raw runes.

But there is some small issues:
- Runes from a runebook can be droped (stolen) even then the runebook isn't in a players backpack.
- Red books can be written in after they are locked down.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Grimoric wrote:Well I thougt of making a library in the old style but use runebooks instead of raw runes.

But there is some small issues:
- Runes from a runebook can be droped (stolen) even then the runebook isn't in a players backpack.
- Red books can be written in after they are locked down.
I'm not able to login at this exact moment, but are the runes within the chests movable? You can always use a locked down named recall rune to label the contents of a chest instead of a book. They shouldn't be adjustable when locked down.

Several years ago, Fruit Loops had a large patio Library by the Brit MG (where the tower library is now, also his former tower) - he had crates with runebooks around the patio edge but learned the hard way that people could "drop rune" from the books after someone cleared him out. Good thing you did your testing first!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I'm not able to login at this exact moment, but are the runes within the chests movable?
You can always use a locked down named recall rune to label the contents of a chest instead of a book. They shouldn't be adjustable when locked down.
No they cant be moved and they need to be in a backpack to be renamed.
To use a rune is a really good ide, I think I will also use pouches inside to split them up as "books" and fill out with gold coins to stop people from drop more stuff into the containers.
Boomland Jenkins wrote:Several years ago, Fruit Loops had a large patio Library by the Brit MG (where the tower library is now, also his former tower) - he had crates with runebooks around the patio edge but learned the hard way that people could "drop rune" from the books after someone cleared him out. Good thing you did your testing first!
Ouch! That is a hard one and evil thing to do then someone put in the hard work for others. :(

--

Is it possible to fix the red books so we can't write in them while they are lockdown? What I understand it was only the "larger purple/blueish" (like the one infront of tree) that was possible to use as a guest book or order book? On the other hand I have no ide if the books are from "new characters" or if they was sold or dropped that might also been a difference?

EDIT: I just remember one other thing, they made some changes to items then the lockdowns changes took place (House cleaning part III that we not using here, the 425 lockdown and house decay update), it might been in that time the books did get their change.

Well something like this might work:

Another question if anyone know, the top of the paperdoll I thougt the one I added in my client patch was the real T2A top but the other image does have a mail bag????

/Grim
Last edited by Grimoric on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Orion GM B^D wrote:I know you have a good spot there, but I think Treysta is right about the lockdowns.

I'd be willing to co-own you and let you build as big of a library you want at TSV. We can work my existing books in,
or I'll pull mine. You can stay on as co-owner to change/update whatever. You'll be free to deco as you wish.

I get a fair amount of traffic to the books I have now, especially the t-map books, plus the vendor traffic.

Thank you, If my ide dont work out I would love to add my runes to your tower and start to work on it there.

/Grim

Jay

Post by Jay »

If anyone wants to go to see what a real rune library looks like... visit N-R's MagnumXL Rune Library

Size IS everything.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I'm sorry, what? Why would you hijack this thread like that Jay?
^

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Treysta wrote:I'm sorry, what? Why would you hijack this thread like that Jay?
You know when you get raped on a purchase and then try to build its stock up? That's why.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Jay keeps locking the doors to the tower. BAN PLS.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket