Housing question

Topics related to Second Age
Demetrius

Housing question

Post by Demetrius »

How many houses are actually occupied vs. just being refreshed?
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Capitalist

Re: Housing question

Post by Capitalist »

I personally use almost all of my houses. So, you need to define occupation. I use 12 of the houses I own, however I only visit 4 every day. If you mean completely empty houses versus houses with things inside of them, and that the housing count is in fact still above 3,000 as it was last Halloween (which I doubt), then I would say roughly 62-63% of houses are "occupied".
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

you play too much

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

5-10% or so
^

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

Treysta wrote:5-10% or so
sounds about right, if that even - hence the occasional popping up of the "reset the server" thread

Elph

Post by Elph »

slyyoungstar wrote:
sounds about right, if that even - hence the occasional popping up of the "reset the server" thread
It would only happen again. Only more likely the server would die just like Angel Island and others have. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think a server reset has ever resulted in a population growth or even a general revitalizing of a server.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Elph wrote:
slyyoungstar wrote:
It would only happen again. Only more likely the server would die just like Angel Island and others have. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think a server reset has ever resulted in a population growth or even a general revitalizing of a server.
Why did you have to mention AI?

Elph

Post by Elph »

I was there. The server started to dwindle down, the remaining people argued for a wipe, Adam Ant went for it, and it failed miserably. It was a freakin great server and now it no longer exists. It was probably the only successfully done attempt at recreating the essence of the felucca era that was not an attempt at era-accuracy.

This shard is far and away the winner at achieving era-accuracy. There's no beating it. Unfortunately as a platform for gaming, it has its limitations. For the same reason I enjoyed Mario 64 a whole hell of a lot but don't replay it ad-nauseum.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I own two towers and a small. I use one tower, I store at another tower, and the small I hardly ever use. Although the small is so unique I think I'm justified in just refreshing it.

That's down from 15 properties a year ago.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

Capitalist wrote:I personally use almost all of my houses. So, you need to define occupation. I use 12 of the houses I own, however I only visit 4 every day. If you mean completely empty houses versus houses with things inside of them, and that the housing count is in fact still above 3,000 as it was last Halloween (which I doubt), then I would say roughly 62-63% of houses are "occupied".
Sorry I will clarify, Houses that people actually use vs. just refresh because they don't want it to fall.
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando