Era accuracy discussion: Account Limits

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era accuracy discussion: Account Limits

Post by Wise »

I think people are failing to read the actually discussion and just reading my initial post, we have moved far past the account restrictions this is more a disccussion about Clients per IP restriction you would still get your 15 slots and 3 accounts, but can only log one in at a time.
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

venox

Post by venox »

sounds fine with me,
only way this would really affact me would be recalling/gating on chars that dont have magery.
but maybe that would influence more interaction.

maybe edit original post to have dot point summary of the running discussion, w pros/cons of arguments. cause 7 pages gets a bit much. and im sure over half of it is repeated arguments.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

my view on this is that it should be 3 accounts allowed 2 logged in at a time to stop intenese macroing.

just remeber that we wernt limited to accounts on osi and it was easy to multiclient i myself had 3 witch made it easier to macro.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Finesse wrote:my view on this is that it should be 3 accounts allowed 2 logged in at a time to stop intenese macroing.

just remeber that we wernt limited to accounts on osi and it was easy to multiclient i myself had 3 witch made it easier to macro.
No, you didn't. Correct, there were no account limits, however there was a monthly fee, so you're saying you spent upwards of 360$ a year to have these accounts? Secondly, unattended macroing was illegal on OSI, also there weren't the 3rd party programs that we have today. Yes, 3rd party programs did exist back then, but few of them were legal and none of them offered the kind of of assistance to macroing that we have today. Lastly, there was no way to run multiple clients on one computer, so you're saying you either had 3 computers running all right next to each other or you were using an illegal program to allow you to run multiple clients. Its far fetched to believe that you were in fact doing this in T2A, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that instead you were doing it, but just illegally, thus it is a moot point.

I can guarantee that the majority of people saying that they multicliented or owned a handful of accounts back in T2A are just making this shit up to defend their usage of said programs and to try prevent any changes to multiclienting, the reality of it is, without spending hundreds of additional dollars a year and owning multiple computers, multiclienting was illegal. Thus it is not era accurate to allow it here, let alone encourage it.

Yes even if changes were made to track ips or limit client connections per ip, there may be a very small amount of players who would try to cheat the system, as Im sure happened back in T2A, but it would still revert the gameplay of the shard as a whole, back to how it was during the era.
- Elisud