About the Scheduled CTF Event

Topics related to Second Age

What's the best time for Events

01:00 and 13:00 GMT (approx current time)
25%
04:00 and 16:00 GMT
25%
07:00 and 19:00 GMT
50%
10:00 and 22:00 GMT
No votes
Other (please specify in post)
No votes

Total votes: 4

Derrick

About the Scheduled CTF Event

Post by Derrick »

I thought I probably ought to say something about the twice daily scheduled CTF event. No one has asked.

The event is an "free item use" region. This means that you need to bring one of each item you want to use during the game, but the use of that item will not consume it. You need to bring at least one potion, reagent, bandage, etc.. that you want to use. You won't lose anything.

The game will not start unless there are at least two players. So if you happen to find yourself on with another player that wants to play, give it a try.

I'm not sure if fame/karma is lost during the event, I had a report that it was but haven't had a chance to evaluate it.

To join the game, walk into the event gate when the gates open, in most towns the gate opens right near the bank. You will be transported to the Event Sign-Up Area. You will find a book there which you can dbl-click to enroll in the game. When the game starts you will be teleported to the arena, at game end you will return to the sign-up area, from which you can return to Britain or Buc's Den.

Game play is simple, run to the other teams base and dbl-click their flag. It will move to your pack. Carry the flag back to your base, dbl-click their flag in your pack and target your own flag to score.

If a player is killed while carrying a flag the flag will go to the gorund where the player died and can be "returned home" by the flags team member by dbl-clicking it or it may be picked up again by the opposing team.

Although we have a few active players now, everyone seems to come on at different times. The current timing for the games can be adjusted, use the attached poll to elect your prefered times for the game to start in GMT. Try to pick a convienient time for you in which you've seen other players.
Last edited by Derrick on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

CTF Games have been set to run at the following times daily:

01:00, 07:00, 13:00 and 19:00 GMT

Thats:
2am, 8am, 2pm and 8pm EST
12am, 5am, 12pm and 5pm PST and Aussie Time.

Treysta

Re: About the Scheduled CTF Event

Post by Treysta »

I'm in for the 2pm EST ones!
^

iamreallysquall

Re: About the Scheduled CTF Event

Post by iamreallysquall »

lolol
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall