vendor buy / vendor sell

Topics related to Second Age
Sultan of Swing

vendor buy / vendor sell

Post by Sultan of Swing »

could someone give me a link to a post about this or explain the mechanics in a few sentences,

not a new issue, just one i've never really understood.

basically when selling to vendors I regularly get, "you have nothing i'd be interested in" or "I cannot afford xx gold at this time"

so I always start with one "vendor buy" cancel the window and then use "vendor sell" and this ensures they have their max gold allowance (at that time).

even if "vendor sell" works at first without a "vendor buy", there seems a chance that they run low on gold and pay less quicker (when selling multiple items), the "vendor buy" seems to top up their gold?

you know what I mean?

just interested as to why it works this way.

Treysta

Re: vendor buy / vendor sell

Post by Treysta »

"Vendor buy" tops their gold off? I was not aware of this, I'm gonna have to test this now to see it with my own eyes.
^

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Sultan of Swing wrote:could someone give me a link to a post about this or explain the mechanics in a few sentences,

not a new issue, just one i've never really understood.

basically when selling to vendors I regularly get, "you have nothing i'd be interested in" or "I cannot afford xx gold at this time"

so I always start with one "vendor buy" cancel the window and then use "vendor sell" and this ensures they have their max gold allowance (at that time).

even if "vendor sell" works at first without a "vendor buy", there seems a chance that they run low on gold and pay less quicker (when selling multiple items), the "vendor buy" seems to top up their gold?

you know what I mean?

just interested as to why it works this way.
Then a vendor spawns and every 20-30 min from that moment it get a gold and gods update. Vendors get a random pile of gold that are between 1000 and 4000 gold depending on what they are selling.

Then a vendor buy stuff he will start pay less then 1/4 of his gold is gone and the price will then drop one gold for every five items he buys from you and if you buy some gods back gold will be added to the vendors pile but he will not stop going down in price on the items he will buy from you.

If you buy all gods (all 10 black pearls on a mage vendor) in the next update it will have more (19 black pearls) and if nothing sells it will go down. (back to 10 that is minimum amount)

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

It makes sense to me that their gold would top up if you were actually buying something - i.e. you give them gold, but its just the part that you simply have to say 'vendor buy' and just cancel window?

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

That sounds like coding error to me and should be reported, to let them check it.
It was never intend to work that way, a player need to buy things to add more gold to a vendor.

/Grim

Acid

Post by Acid »

This is what I do. I begin by selling all my items to the vendor until he has no more gold left, or at least not enough for you to sell him anything else that you want to get rid of. Then say vendor buy and cancel the menu. The vendor will now be fully reloaded with gold, able to buy more of your items. This is great because it allows you to sell twice as much stuff to him at one shot.

Also, when you do the vendor buy/vendor sell thing, he will start paying full price again for all items he was paying you less gold for. This is kind of like a "vendor reset". It only works 1 time though in-between the time he naturally re-loads his gold and goods.