Server birth and high end rares for sale!

Buying/Selling Rares

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Capitalist

Re: Server birth and high end rares for sale!

Post by Capitalist »

ignore my derp post
Last edited by Capitalist on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Dyne wrote:that whole thing just confused me, wasn't it stated from the beginning that it was 24 hours after last bid and capitalist bid before the 24 hours was up? im a bit confused.
It's 24 hr from last bid now. So either way several hours left if he decides to accept it.

Bee

Post by Bee »

Auction ends and vega wins at 1:20 today if no one else bids.

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

Rammar wrote:
Dyne wrote:that whole thing just confused me, wasn't it stated from the beginning that it was 24 hours after last bid and capitalist bid before the 24 hours was up? im a bit confused.
It's 24 hr from last bid now. So either way several hours left if he decides to accept it.
right, but inkog got upset like Bee did something wrong here but it hadn't been 24 hours from his last bid when vega bid, so everything was done proper was it not?

Bee

Post by Bee »

Dyne wrote:
Rammar wrote:
right, but inkog got upset like Bee did something wrong here but it hadn't been 24 hours from his last bid when vega bid, so everything was done proper was it not?

Original post had an end date of I think today at 6.

Incognito opened with a starting bid. The more I thought about the end date, the more I thought that incognito will just get snipe bid at the end and loose out.

So I changed the auction to 24 hrs after last bid. Because I changed it to 24 hours after last bid, I made a second post that said auction would end yesterday at 6 pm if no one else bid.

Vega bid shortly after that post.

Don't really care, if he's butt hurt or not. I'm fine with selling it to vega if no one else bids.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

2.2mil

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

Bee wrote:
Dyne wrote:
Rammar wrote:

Incognito opened with a starting bid. The more I thought about the end date, the more I thought that incognito will just get snipe bid at the end and loose out.

So I changed the auction to 24 hrs after last bid. Because I changed it to 24 hours after last bid, I made a second post that said auction would end yesterday at 6 pm if no one else bid.

Vega bid shortly after that post.

Don't really care, if he's butt hurt or not. I'm fine with selling it to vega if no one else bids.

Ahh, sound's to me like you made the proper move to remove sniping, sniping should never be a part of any auction.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Nothing's stopping one from modifying the end date of an auction. I do it from time to time when the situation calls for it.

That being said, you can't blame people for getting upset over it. Even though I've modified my auctions mid-run before, I'm also empathized with those who were affected by the change that planned around the original auction rules. I've in multiple scenarios given them consolation items or gold to compensate for the inconvenience.

That's just going above and beyond though. At the end of the day, because it doesn't appear feasible to have every auction monitored by admins, auction rules getting modified midway through should be something that the pragmatic forum-buyer takes into account when bidding.
^

satori

Post by satori »

Thats why i always put in the i reserve the right to cancel for any reason i want clause. So if i mess something up on my auction i can change it so i dont get screwed.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Was past this already. But since we have a chance to maybe get you a bidding war going Bee, mine as well indulge...
Bee wrote:

Incognito opened with a starting bid. The more I thought about the end date, the more I thought that incognito will just get snipe bid at the end and loose out. So I changed the auction to 24 hrs after last bid.

He was thinking of me Dyne. I would've found that very thoughtful at the time...because it gave my starting bid a better chance not to get sniped right? So from here it was assumed it was 24hours after my starting bid. Why? Because any end time that was previously there (Think it was originally 7pm?) was removed and replaced by this new and improved end time.
Bee wrote: Because I changed it to 24 hours after last bid, I made a second post that said auction would end yesterday at 6 pm if no one else bid.

44 minutes before the bidding was supposed to end (24 hours after my starting bid) Bee posts an add on stating that since he "changed (the) end time of the open book, if there are no more bids by 6pm tonight, the auction will end".
So to prevent anyone sniping (me and my sb?) he extended the auction 44 minutes before it was to end.
Bee wrote:Vega bid shortly after that post.
2 hours and 20 minutes after that, Vega took that opportunity to bid. I probably would've done the same. Not out of interest of the item, but out of interest of business. Vega understands this completely.

So anyway
satori wrote: If you don't like it go away. he reserves the right to not sell at all if he doesn't want to and he stated that.
basically that ^ But I figured all this commotion, mine as well point out the fact that I wasn't being given any favors/sniper protection. Not after there was zero interest in 23 hours and 16 minutes and the auction was set to end soon. I thought it ironic to prevent anyone from sniping me and me loosing out, the auction was extended shortly before it ended and a couple hours later (would've been closed) the starting bid was nullified.

BUMP! Its worth like 3 castle deeds peeps come and get it!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Bee

Post by Bee »

So because I changed the end time from Friday at 7- to 24 hours after bid. I should not of given the people who might have been thinking about bidding at the end of the original end time, ample time to see I changed the end time?

Your butt hurt because you got excited when I changed time because you figured you would get a sever berth cheap... Now there's other interest your mad. Whatever dude don't care.

Rammar high bid 2.2 feel free not to bid .

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Silly Bee.
You can do whatever you want. I merely pointed out you weren't protecting from sniping. Its ok to get max value. Hell, its encouraged.
I'm trying to generate interest for you! So far its the rares overlord king pin and a spite bid from one of his biggest fans. Lets get this going!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I'm not bidding because Bee, satori, and Rammar work together. I don't watch friends bid up each others items and then go "hmm good time to dump cash". No offense, it's a terrible business move. Enjoy the item.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

satori

Post by satori »

ya and thats exactly what we are doing. dont bid anymore i dont really want to sell it to you anyways.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Your forum etiquette can only be compared to a girl with PMS.