Housing Patch

Topics related to Second Age
delorean

Housing Patch

Post by delorean »

Hello,

I've seen people mention upcoming changes to housing, but I can't seem to find any information detailing what might change (I have tried to search).

Can someone please direct me to this information, or provide a synopsis of them?

Thanks in advance!
-DMC

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Housing Patch

Post by Aeris »

At the top of the forums, click "Board Index" and it will take you to the top level of forum menu. There you will see "Patch Notes" and clicking it takes you here: viewforum.php?f=7

I can't say I know much about the details of the housing patch, but basically it made houses a bit easier to place. This meant houses might be able to be placed where they previously couldn't be. I believe it had to do with the perimeter of the house: before the patch, the perimeter tiles had to be completely flat. After the patch, there is 1 tile less all around that you need to worry about being flat. So for example, before the patch you needed 14x14 tiles to be perfectly flat for a large brick to fit, and after you only need the inner 12x12 to be flat, and the outer 1 tile all around can have a bump or two.

I could be totally off, but that was the impression I got from people discussing it. The patch has been reverted though, as there was an error with it. Apparently a similar but corrected patch is coming sometime soon (in days or months, no one knows).
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

delorean

Re: Housing Patch

Post by delorean »

Thank you very much.