Thought Police

Topics related to Second Age
Anias
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Thought Police

Post by Anias »

Thank You!

Thank you for opening my eyes to this tyranny!

I hope some day I can be a racist without fear of UOSA breathing down my neck!

Bill2

Post by Bill2 »

Notorious wrote:youre a cool dude you're just very temper mental, its a game calm down
My issue is with the biased censorship on the forums and admin threats for saying G**boy, not the game exactly. Words don't offend me but censorship does and especially when it's biased. I've been called much worse on here than the word I used and they don't care, but they are just doing their job and enforcing their biased retarded rules I suppose.

I also never had a problem with you until you said I was ganking, my problem was with Jason's cheap tactics.
Anias wrote: Thank you for opening my eyes to this tyranny! I hope some day I can be a racist without fear of UOSA breathing down my neck!
I sense your sarcasm, but I only point out what the laws of my country demand. These forum rules represent England's laws, the same tyrants who banned guns. With that in mind, I've been threatened with a forum ban and I wanted to make it clear that I welcome a ban if you want to play thought police.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Your level of outrage at the 'censorship' and the 'lack of honor' among PvPers here seems to be a quixotic attempt at trolling and I hope your pleas for a ban are soon answered

Bill2

Post by Bill2 »

Wychethyl wrote:Your level of outrage at the 'censorship' and the 'lack of honor' among PvPers here seems to be a quixotic attempt at trolling and I hope your pleas for a ban are soon answered
You call a blue spectator who corp pors a person in the back for a death blow a "PVPer"? This post isn't even about that anyways, and my post about Jason would of disappeared long ago if others hadn't of highjacked it and started bickering about who is the best PVPer.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Bill2 wrote:"Racist, sexist, homophobic or other similar disparaging remarks used for nothing other that inflammatory comments do not have any place on the Second Age forums, including the Trash Talk forum."

Did you know in England and much of Europe, people are jailed for the same things? First it starts online and people get used to it, next thing you know legislation is being passed. Meanwhile the F word and "cracker" are permitted both on here, and in England. This rationale is illogical.

It's your right to censor on a privately owned forum, and I realize you don't want profanities indexed in the search engines although I find that excuse to be dishonest since so many other obscenities are permitted. If you're going to go down this road, at least be consistent and censor all profanity for the families and children. Also there are many reasonable alternatives such as filters and blocking features.

I have never supported a community that goes against the U.S. Constitution and never will. If I did, what right would I have to oppose someone who wanted to repeal the First Amendment?

Who are you to proclaim calling someone a F**king D***ass is ok, but G**boy is not?

For this reason, please stop threatening me with a ban (you know who you are) - I request for my forum account to be removed.

P.S. It isn't my intention to attack the administration, I sincerely appreciate all of the voluntary work you guys put in every day to provide us with an exceptional free shard and trust that it will remain era accurate and uncensored for years to come!
I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I would advise that you carefully analyze what you've said, as your arguments are wanting. I won't bother to try and analyze or explain why for you, I will just fill your request.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Ask and in some cases, thou shall recieve.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

+1

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Budner wrote:
Bill2 wrote:rant
Ban him I say. His post is SUPER annoying.
This is why Budner is my favorite forum poster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Notorious wrote:Image

This made me lol irl. This server is so wrong in all the right ways SOMETIMES.

I wish the two people in this shot were like, one calling him a n*gger and the other one calling him a f*ggot.

Oh jesus, I just can't with you people... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I got a warning once.. though I'm sure it was unwarranted. I mean I never used any words like this, or personally attack people. Ain't nobody got time for that.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I got time for that, Fat Boy :shock:

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:Oh jesus, I just can't with you people... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

True fact - the intellectual fathers of the Unites States fought and died for your freedom to use profanity on privately moderated video game forums. Psudo-intellectual dunce.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.