Price check on magic weapons and armor

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Locksmith

Price check on magic weapons and armor

Post by Locksmith »

Hi people,

I really need some help figuring out how to set the price on magic weapons and armor...

Magic weapons:

What types of weapons are worth identifying after a treasure hunt? Maybe nobody wants to buy an axe of power while a kryss of power is very popular...

Also after identifying those weapons, what kind of magical bonuses is worth keeping to sell to other players? In damage bonus i heard that only power and vanq are worth keeping? Will durability bonus or tactics bonus boost the price? and how much?

For example...

1. How much is a normal "kryss of power" worth.
2. How much is a +25 tactics "kryss of power" worth.
3. How much is an "indestructible kryss of power" worth
4. And how much is a +25 tactics "indestructible kryss of power" worth

Magic armor:

Are any players interested in magic armor at all on this server?
If that is the case, what types of armor is worth ID'ing and what kind of bonuses is worth keeping to sell?

Thanks in advance

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Price check on magic weapons and armor

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This is simple, use the item-id skill on the items and it will tell you the value :o

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

When you ID items, make sure to ID them all. Don't use ID wands/staffs, but instead the Item ID skill. It'll only take you a couple of hours to GM while you're sleeping.

The reason to ID ALL(!) items, is that when you visit NPCs to sell the items, they'll give u a buttload moar munni for the item if the character that sells the items knows what they're worth. For an example (prices are fictional), you score some chainmail leggings, you go to sell it at an NPC and you'll get 90 for it. But if you would have IDd the legging, you would have known that it was in fact worth about 370 to an NPC vendor due to the fact that it had indestructible on et. While this may not be worth much to another player, that difference stacks up quite fast when selling items to an NPC. Heck, I sold a pair of USELESS boots for about 160 yesterday, instead of the 7 I would have gotten without the character I sold it on knowing what it was.

That's what I know about selling to NPCs and Item ID, but I can't help you with what's worth keeping though, just ID all the sht u get b4 u sell it.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Safir wrote:When you ID items, make sure to ID them all. Don't use ID wands/staffs, but instead the Item ID skill. It'll only take you a couple of hours to GM while you're sleeping.

The reason to ID ALL(!) items, is that when you visit NPCs to sell the items, they'll give u a buttload moar munni for the item if the character that sells the items knows what they're worth. For an example (prices are fictional), you score some chainmail leggings, you go to sell it at an NPC and you'll get 90 for it. But if you would have IDd the legging, you would have known that it was in fact worth about 370 to an NPC vendor due to the fact that it had indestructible on et. While this may not be worth much to another player, that difference stacks up quite fast when selling items to an NPC. Heck, I sold a pair of USELESS boots for about 160 yesterday, instead of the 7 I would have gotten without the character I sold it on knowing what it was.

That's what I know about selling to NPCs and Item ID, but I can't help you with what's worth keeping though, just ID all the sht u get b4 u sell it.
I never knew that, I have just been selling un-id'd, i will be sure to make a mule id character heh.

Return to “Price Check”