bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Notorious

Re: bring em back

Post by Notorious »

the grinch of events stated today that events will never come back.
i say we revolt.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Notorious wrote:the grinch of events stated today that events will never come back.
i say we revolt.
The people here are revolting.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Notorious wrote:the grinch of events stated today that events will never come back.
i say we revolt.
The people here are revolting.
this statement cant have any more truth in it.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

i say we revolt.
Yea, the reason this shard is dying is Kaivan.
He can come here and defend himself as much as he wants, hes done nothing but kill this shard since Derricks retired. He belittles people, acts like everyones beneath him. Treats everyone like they are retards, and then any time someone even tries to give an idea, he throws out "NOT ERA ACCURATE" even when theres an Era Accurate Event idea. His answers are maddening and leave more questions then answers when its over.
He might ban me for saying it, but its true. We went from a guy who loved this shard and its population, to a guy who hates everyone, and only cares about looking "right." Funny he didnt even play in the T2A era, but he somehow knows all!
Its over, 104 on right now. ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR PEOPLE. One year ago this woulda been considered a cruel joke. I dont even think events can save it now. They might be able to, but hey, we'll never know so who cares right?
Hey Kaivan, who you going to argue when theres no one left to play?
My only hope is the GMs that actually know what this server needs rebuild it somehow after this one dies. Anarcho, Mammoth, Boomland, I would love to see what you all could do without having the restriction known as Kaivan holding you all back.
Inb4 Kaivan says "WERE ALL IN AGREEMENT" and lies to us again.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

titty babies

CRockwell

Post by CRockwell »

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the powers to be want the shard to die. Derrick seems retired although I bet he is still responsible for the resources needed to run this place. The GMs, while trying, probably lack the ability to do anything drastic. It's not as though we are all contributing buku dollars here...myself included. It's free and you get what you pay for. I would welcome someone taking aspects of this shard and building out a new one that has a bit more flexibility within reason. It's clear this shard dying. Our choice...ride it out or build somewhere else.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

If it was ran in a more business like manner, it could be profitable and very fun. If this shard fails, someone will redo the concept. Probably on an app.

Also, if the shard was doomed to die.... I honestly think it would have by now. Clearly it's power is nostalgia. Its not something easily killed imo.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

where does it say derrick retired, i highly doubt he will retire this shard is like a work of art you don't just abandoned that, there is probably real life shit he is dealing with and if they need donations to keep shit running smooth and add events ill be happy to provide but i am not throwing money to a shard that is likely to die at the rate its going. add events and stop being a bunch of fuckboys that dont listen to the uosa community. thank you
Last edited by Notorious on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This shard always was at full "life bar" for donations. Its dropped because pop has dropped. More pop = more donations. Derrick owns the shard but come on he hasn't been active in forever. No one, including Kaivan, wants the shard to die. Even I'm positive of that.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Jay

Post by Jay »

Everyone wrote:bring em back

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Jay wrote:
Everyone wrote:bring em back
Ive given up. 150 on at prime time last night.
When it gets below 100 itll be too late.
Way to go _ _ _ _ _ _.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

I know we are beating a 5x dead horse but the population concerns are very legitimate and pressing! I have been on this shard since 2008 on and off and I can honestly say this is best server I have ever been able to find. I love this server and am doing all I can to support new players and get the word out about this fantastic server. With that being said, it is pointless to play the game by yourself! Seems like I always see the same 10-15 people running around. One word to solve our issues: EVENTS. I know they are not technically Era Accurate but they used to exist outside of the normal "Era Accurate" UO world. They had no impact on actual UO gameplay except for bragging rights and entertainment. I know a lot of people, including myself, would start a monthly subscription to help for pay the hosting costs if you guys even showed that you cared about the server's population and overall health. EVENTS!~

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

JBURNS wrote:I know we are beating a 5x dead horse but the population concerns are very legitimate and pressing! I have been on this shard since 2008 on and off and I can honestly say this is best server I have ever been able to find. I love this server and am doing all I can to support new players and get the word out about this fantastic server. With that being said, it is pointless to play the game by yourself! Seems like I always see the same 10-15 people running around. One word to solve our issues: EVENTS. I know they are not technically Era Accurate but they used to exist outside of the normal "Era Accurate" UO world. They had no impact on actual UO gameplay except for bragging rights and entertainment. I know a lot of people, including myself, would start a monthly subscription to help for pay the hosting costs if you guys even showed that you cared about the server's population and overall health. EVENTS!~
I remember lots of pvp immediately after events. I know I would donate more if the population came back up, however the GMs accomplished that.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

FisuUOSA

Post by FisuUOSA »

As a relatively new player to this shard I must say I feel a bit disappointed with the current situation. Back when I started 600-700 online was everyday thing. I was fucking amazed about finding a server with this features. Where I was able to live again those times when I was too young to actually enjoy 100% UO.
It's very sad to see 200 on AS TOP nowadays. Always the same persons, doing the same things... it got quite routinary, and routine kills. UO main antonym is precisely Routine.

Look at this thread, people is only asking for Events to come back (Unfortunately I arrived quite late for them). Most players that been here since start. No one is asking crazy things. No one is even asking things NEA.. This events go as a parallel thing..

Besides, it's not 1 crazy voice. I can risk and say 100% of population would be happy with them, or at least, indifferent.

Hope GMs listen to this...

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

One gm in particular is so anti events we will never see them again IMO.
I can't say that events will save the server. But I can guarantee it'll get people to log in.
But it won't happen we don't even get a chance to test the theory.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish