let us brainstorm-

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

Re: let us brainstorm-

Post by Capitalist »

Anarcho wrote:
Budner wrote:I could see making saves maybe every two hours instead of hourly, but wouldn't want to extend it beyond that.
I would personally be against it as there is much in development planned in the near future, I will do my best to make it as stable as it is but it would be unprofessional to assume so and extend save delays :)
Don't break UOSA. Thanks.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

Anarcho wrote:
Budner wrote:I could see making saves maybe every two hours instead of hourly, but wouldn't want to extend it beyond that.
I would personally be against it as there is much in development planned in the near future, I will do my best to make it as stable as it is but it would be unprofessional to assume so and extend save delays :)
Now I'm super excited! Spill the beans...

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Yeah really, that's some teaser.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Budner wrote:.... leave it strewn all around the Brit bank so cheap bastards like me can scavenge items and sell them.
I am known to do this too. High Five!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Capitalist wrote:
Anarcho wrote:
Don't break UOSA. Thanks.
Heh, I don't foresee any crashes but it would be irresponsible to not plan for them.

Kublai Khan wrote:Now I'm super excited! Spill the beans...
Standard steps towards further accuracy for the most part.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

download/file.php?id=153

That has a server save in there from July 2008, and it's ridiculously fast :D (warning: it will make your client crash after a few minutes)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Captain Sparkles wrote:It would be very nice if they weren't so long and frequent. One can practically use the restroom during without worry, so it has that going for it, which is nice.

@Budner, given how seldom the server crashes, us players actually lose more playtime due to the saves! But yeah, I'd rather find a solution that doesn't involve saving less.

While annoying, I agree that it actual serves a useful aspect when you consider that our toons are operated by humans that need to occasional get up and away from the computer.