right
35%
wrong
65%

Total votes: 26

NeoSpark

PLEASE READ FOR SAKE OF SECOND AGE

Post by NeoSpark »

Hello, Im Jesse and i play a character named Neo Spark and i have talked to others who play the shard and we talk for hours saying things that the server can benefit from. I have played Second age for about 3 years now and its only gone down hill (afraid to say) and i hate to see that but there is things that can help this problem. This server had its days and during those days everyone loved this server; i love UO and its content but second age doesn't supple. I played hybrid for about 4 months and i loved it but it had been going down hill because of the lak of stuff to do. New content is NEW CONTENT people love new things people would love a new second age we can call it the SECOND AGE. Please let me tell you most of the stuff we have said and my reason behind it..

1. Events- i understand you took them out but the day you did is the day about half the population left.its something people got to look forward to and interact with others.
2. pvp- Most people love this game because of pvp and i think we need to take advantage of that and give them places to do that, like arenas near towns and a billboard saying who is the best pvp (win/loss ratio)
3. housing- go try to find a spot Derek in a players perspective.... cant do it without having a house fall because that person QUIT.

Thats only a 3 that i can think are somewhat big issues. I let me be clean, I love second age and the owners but i hate what they have done please talk to me and communicate spend some time working with me i have played this game for almost 5 years i know all about it and i only want to make it better for second age and i want to help all i can i am here to assist this server with events for the time being but i need help. I need my fellow second agers to tell there friends on other servers to come back to second age and support our soon to be changes i really need an answer back please reply and comment your thoughts on what i have said. an i wrong for wanting to bring the server back.

Capitalist

Re: PLEASE READ FOR SAKE OF SECOND AGE

Post by Capitalist »

I have seen you twice in 15.5 months.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

dan---

Post by dan--- »

as most will say it is possible to find places for smalls.. in front of my l shape i have room for 1 but i dnt use it for the sake of getting an active player in it. i just wish for faster idoc rates. i always hated how house refreshment was set up since it only took 4 mins top to do 2 times 3 times a month.. thats less then 20 mins of gameplay for most.....

there have been smaller events... leps were out in towns... announced over town criers. kinda hard to stay *fresh content* and in era per say. and as a server of its age . maybe host your own events player side... Not saying announce it forums for risk of pk ambush
but find others like that form a silent group and set up events.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

.... Who? I must say I play a lot but never once have u popped into the circle of anyone.
Thanks for spelling it like my name "Derek" but he's Derrick.
Enough with the "help save the shard" I love it too. But like that missing plane this bores me. I think "enough" will agree that things are how they will be, with more gm events like have been happening.

There's the door. (If u need it)

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

NeoSpark wrote:Hello, Im Jesse and i play a character named Neo Spark and i have talked to others who play the shard and we talk for hours saying things that the server can benefit from. I have played Second age for about 3 years now and its only gone down hill (afraid to say) and i hate to see that but there is things that can help this problem. This server had its days and during those days everyone loved this server; i love UO and its content but second age doesn't supple. I played hybrid for about 4 months and i loved it but it had been going down hill because of the lak of stuff to do. New content is NEW CONTENT people love new things people would love a new second age we can call it the SECOND AGE. Please let me tell you most of the stuff we have said and my reason behind it..

1. Events- i understand you took them out but the day you did is the day about half the population left.its something people got to look forward to and interact with others.
2. pvp- Most people love this game because of pvp and i think we need to take advantage of that and give them places to do that, like arenas near towns and a billboard saying who is the best pvp (win/loss ratio)3. housing- go try to find a spot Derek in a players perspective.... cant do it without having a house fall because that person QUIT.

Thats only a 3 that i can think are somewhat big issues. I let me be clean, I love second age and the owners but i hate what they have done please talk to me and communicate spend some time working with me i have played this game for almost 5 years i know all about it and i only want to make it better for second age and i want to help all i can i am here to assist this server with events for the time being but i need help. I need my fellow second agers to tell there friends on other servers to come back to second age and support our soon to be changes i really need an answer back please reply and comment your thoughts on what i have said. an i wrong for wanting to bring the server back.
1. This will NEVER happen, read the forum before making post #100 about it, this starting to be silly now.
2. See number one. Please show us a screendump or evidence from a OSI shard that had this feature in it's T2A era. We trying to be era accurate here you know.
3. This is nothing, in T2A it was almost not even possible to get a small up for free. It should feel special then you get a house not like Another two day work. I would even vote for them to fix the twigs in the ground and block another 1000 of spots. They have lifted the rules so its silly easy today to place a small.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

1. Staff have been putting on awesome events quite often lately, just keep checking the forums and the town criers. I wasn't ever here for automated events but this shard has already had more GM run events in the last 12 months than my OSI shard ever had in the entire time i was there.

I'm very grateful for the staff and the effort they've been putting in on events lately, it's very much appreciated from my side.

2. As for PVP, get out in the field and PVP. I don't know why you need a score-board, just get out there and start attacking people, you'll soon know who's better and worse than you. As for places to do it - Brit GY, dungeons, IDOCs or just hop on IRC and ask someone for a duel.

3. Housing. I have zero issues with housing on this server and it's far better than my OSI days. It's easy to find houses to buy here and even easier to find a good small spot. Best thing about this server and housing is its easy to find out who owns what house which means you can buy it from them as opposed to OSI where it was a shard of houses you had no hope of getting in contact with the owner if you wanted it.

Ultima Online is about making your own fun, not waiting for someone else to do it for you. If you want to help why not run your own event? Come up with something fun, share it and do it.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

^^^^^^^^^ well put Patek

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

NeoSpark wrote:Hello, Im Jesse and i play a character named Neo Spark and i have talked to others who play the shard and we talk for hours saying things that the server can benefit from. I have played Second age for about 3 years now and its only gone down hill (afraid to say) and i hate to see that but there is things that can help this problem. This server had its days and during those days everyone loved this server; i love UO and its content but second age doesn't supple. I played hybrid for about 4 months and i loved it but it had been going down hill because of the lak of stuff to do. New content is NEW CONTENT people love new things people would love a new second age we can call it the SECOND AGE. Please let me tell you most of the stuff we have said and my reason behind it..

2. pvp- Most people love this game because of pvp and i think we need to take advantage of that and give them places to do that, like arenas near towns and a billboard saying who is the best pvp (win/loss ratio)
3. housing- go try to find a spot Derek in a players perspective.... cant do it without having a house fall because that person QUIT.

Brevity is the soul of wit

NeoSpark

Post by NeoSpark »

Patek wrote:1. Staff have been putting on awesome events quite often lately, just keep checking the forums and the town criers. I wasn't ever here for automated events but this shard has already had more GM run events in the last 12 months than my OSI shard ever had in the entire time i was there.

I'm very grateful for the staff and the effort they've been putting in on events lately, it's very much appreciated from my side.

2. As for PVP, get out in the field and PVP. I don't know why you need a score-board, just get out there and start attacking people, you'll soon know who's better and worse than you. As for places to do it - Brit GY, dungeons, IDOCs or just hop on IRC and ask someone for a duel.

3. Housing. I have zero issues with housing on this server and it's far better than my OSI days. It's easy to find houses to buy here and even easier to find a good small spot. Best thing about this server and housing is its easy to find out who owns what house which means you can buy it from them as opposed to OSI where it was a shard of houses you had no hope of getting in contact with the owner if you wanted it.

Ultima Online is about making your own fun, not waiting for someone else to do it for you. If you want to help why not run your own event? Come up with something fun, share it and do it.

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

The main part of an online game is community, otherwise we'd go and play an offline game. The community that did exist has been decimated, and there are some cancers still around that actively and intentionally diminish the fun of others.

There was a lot of "you might not be able to cut it here" attitude when people would complain. And those people left...shaking their heads going "well enjoy your empty server, elitists."

I've said it before, the population problem stems from the quality, not the quantity.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Ive seen this guy a few times actually, nice guy.
I agree with you Spark, but unfortunately you might as well start looking around for greener pastures.

Ever play shadowbane? :)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

its called uosa for a reson...for the ppl who love it as it is...lotta ppl who quit are ppl who just start but cant go anywhere or do anything without being pked or not helped by other players in any way imo