Server Tired

Topics related to Second Age
Roden

Re: Server Dead

Post by Roden »

Missy B wrote:how about t2a just make the transition to renaissance like back in 2002 or so. then we can all quit when everything changes. derrick can start a new server called uosa 2 and we can all start over from scratch. that seems to be era accurate too.
I don't mind transitioning forwards along an alternate timeline where Trammel never existed.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Roden wrote:
Missy B wrote:how about t2a just make the transition to renaissance like back in 2002 or so. then we can all quit when everything changes. derrick can start a new server called uosa 2 and we can all start over from scratch. that seems to be era accurate too.
I don't mind transitioning forwards along an alternate timeline where Trammel never existed.

now you guys are getting crazy. keep timezone bring back events.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Or we could just leave everything as it is, and go ahead and flip that AE switch back on... Derrick had a really good thing going.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Naughtington
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Naughtington »

I was gone for a couple years. I last played in the Telemon age, came back to the Capitalist age. Capitalist is the face of this shard right now and it isn't pretty. Greed and dominance, no honor. Back into refresh mode for me, hopefully better days ahead.

I think the best thing that could happen here is a server wipe with revised housing rules.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Server wipe... totally logical. Erase 6 years of history, that'll bring em runnin! :>
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Naughtington
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Naughtington »

It will also send the rats running from this shard. Too much old money. Rich folks who never earned it. Era Accurate means not having 6 years of history, wealth and arrogance.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I'm new and extremely rich. The arrogance is a personal touch. Questions?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I've got a question. Is it truly fulfilling to be video game rich? Or are there some deep regrets at the rl hours wasted?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I find it fulfilling. I wasted many hours playing a game professionally before this and there's no less satisfaction playing UO. It's more of a business learning experience than anything.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Interesting. To each their own, I suppose.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I get the argument that being in stasis is not era-accurate.

Because in t2a era, we anticipated change. Thus playing on this shard can feel like limbo.

Sadly, there's not much that can be done about that. Era-accuracy is this shard's anchor, it's standard. Once that gets tossed to the wind, we're just on our way to being like all the other freeshards laden with neon pixel-crack that have come and gone.

I'm all up for *temporary* changes though. We could be like a TV sitcom. Where even if some new system or rule-tweak or storyline was instituted for a short period to mix things up, it'd be fine just so long as everything resets back to standard UOSA we all know and love in the next episode.

Like for example, I don't think it'd be too terrible to institute Renaissance era bulk order crafting for a month, or a new fishing system, or whatever... then reset back. But I mean, I get that that's a lot to ask too! It's not like there's a paid development team working full time for us.

And for all of you who are pining for Renaissance... Sheesh, there's already a shard for that! It's called "Renaissance" :roll:

We're Second Age. It's our brand. Think of us like coca-cola, and renaissance like Pepsi. So we'd basically be creating a "New Coke" marketing debacle for ourselves if we started imitating them too much.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Naughtington wrote:I was gone for a couple years. I last played in the Telemon age, came back to the Capitalist age. Capitalist is the face of this shard right now and it isn't pretty. Greed and dominance, no honor. Back into refresh mode for me, hopefully better days ahead.

I think the best thing that could happen here is a server wipe with revised housing rules.
Disagree. Yea he is an ugly mother fuker but he has never done wrong by me. He has done everything he has ever told me he would, plus he helps newbies - even if it is for future domination lol If you want a server wipe, go download RunUO configure your IP and have fun.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

server wipe. neon sandals for everyone and staff made events.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

^ minus the sandals and wipe.

Notorious