Dungeons - complementary characters

Topics related to Second Age
Roden

Dungeons - complementary characters

Post by Roden »

Just wondering about the extent to which this is viable. I know, obviously, that it works easily when just hiding then gating/rezing when needed etc. But how easy it to actually play two characters and constantly move about through a dungeon using alt+tab and razor macros? Seems like a major pain in the ass to me but wonder if its something I can get used to. For example a pvp char with a stealth vet/healer/tamer or something. Any good/weird combinations out there?

Capitalist

Re: Dungeons - complementary characters

Post by Capitalist »

My dexxer tags along with me to LL, bout it.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Roden

Post by Roden »

Capitalist wrote:My dexxer tags along with me to LL, bout it.
Well, I guess that's a slight relief - not much pressure to do this to compete. :lol: Do the invis magic items have the "An Lor Xen" timeout? My dexxer doesn't have hiding. (And yeah, its only now I'm beginning to venture into dungeons since returning to T2A lol).

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Roden wrote:
Capitalist wrote:My dexxer tags along with me to LL, bout it.
Well, I guess that's a slight relief - not much pressure to do this to compete. :lol: Do the invis magic items have the "An Lor Xen" timeout? My dexxer doesn't have hiding. (And yeah, its only now I'm beginning to venture into dungeons since returning to T2A lol).
idk for a fact but it seems like invis items last 1/2 the time
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

A neat trick I learned many years ago playing UO was that you could control 2 clients with no other programs. First go to one client and click both mouse buttons. This will make the guy auto-run/walk wherever you point the mouse. Next, ALT-TAB over to the other client. The guy on client#1 will still follow the mouse.

It has limited uses, more if you know some advanced tricks or involved Razor macros. I use to use client#1 as a melee character and client#2 as an archer or mage (with hotkey-targeting) - it's more of a novel thing than a long-term practical thing.

The UO client also has a built in "follow" feature but it's pretty subpar when venturing through windy dungeons.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Roden

Post by Roden »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:A neat trick I learned many years ago playing UO was that you could control 2 clients with no other programs. First go to one client and click both mouse buttons. This will make the guy auto-run/walk wherever you point the mouse. Next, ALT-TAB over to the other client. The guy on client#1 will still follow the mouse.

It has limited uses, more if you know some advanced tricks or involved Razor macros. I use to use client#1 as a melee character and client#2 as an archer or mage (with hotkey-targeting) - it's more of a novel thing than a long-term practical thing.

The UO client also has a built in "follow" feature but it's pretty subpar when venturing through windy dungeons.
That actually sounds quite handy for what I'd like to do, thanks for sharing! I'm thinking about building two characters that don't use magic and subsequently must traverse great distances together, that sounds like it will work for the relatively safe areas..

I'm not sure about the builds yet though.. maybe archery + provo bard + taming + stealth/hiding. We would be quite dominant except for PKs.. in which case we would quietly slip away while the hordes of animals/dragons we tamed on our journey die gloriously in battle, lol.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Dual/triple monitors 8)

It would still be difficult to control 2-3 clients through higher level dungeons using multi-monitors but a gaggle of dexers in lower level dungeons would be easy enough to manage. You could use the follow function for 2 clients and slowly walk through the dungeon while healing and chugging.

Invis spell - 00:02:00
Invis item - 00:01:40