How's that yew fort activity ?

Topics related to Second Age
Pac

Re: How's that yew fort activity ?

Post by Pac »

Velgamog wrote:getting stat loss punished for protecting your home
PKs suffer stat loss. Story at 11.
Velgamog wrote:A thriving community of actual orc RPers > mindless orc spawn. FACT.

This WOULD have made your server more enjoyable.
Again, you guys really have an inflated sense of self worth and are quite open about it. No doubt this played a large part in the griefing you brought upon yourselves.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Those orcs at the fort aren't shadow clan? Doesn't seem any different. :roll:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Those orcs at the fort aren't shadow clan? Doesn't seem any different. :roll:
When orcs are here te server is better.
They are a fun bunch and its incredibly fun to fight them.
But, the one thing I always said is they shoulda had more orc mages. They are much tougher to fight.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Menkaure was an orc... just to point out the bias.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Capitalist wrote:Menkaure was an orc... just to point out the bias.
Ah, k. Explains a lot.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Aw man I made 1 orc and played it twice.
I don't think that's bias.
I did however come from Catskills where shadow clan was born and it was incredibly fun during the old days.
The undead guild and the orc guild provided a lot of fun for all.
As for my orc. I made it right before I quit, after donating money to vishakt and dumluk for those orc takeover dungeon events. I decided after the last event(I did not participate in any of them), that I should make one to help. Unfortunately, that was pretty much the end of the orcs and the only thing I ever did with them was go to the gy which was incredibly fun. But I've been supporting the orcs LONG before I made one, make no mistake.
Rp guilds make servers stronger, intriguing fr new players and other rpers.
And vega? How the hell did you even know I rolled one? I made it right before I quit and other then vish n dum, only 1 other person knew.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

True enough. But everyone gets eq'd in their home if they afk long enough. Just log off or keep nothing on your orc if you are afk in your "hut". You gotta be alittle more resilient if you expect special gm accommodations so EARLY in your shard career.

Oh and Menk, Vega is like this shards version of a wealthy, crooked politician. It's his business to know all your ingame dirt for it will potentially be pixelatingly profitable to him later. ;)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

You guys played here for what seemed like maybe two months... If it was longer, I apologize, but you weren't otherwise noticeable to myself. You then asked for a mechanics altering region just because you couldn't handle the stat-loss 'harshness' that was t2a -- even though a solid 1/4 to 1/2 the server manages to deal with it every day, and the rest don't apply since they don't pk.

So yeah, you did come off as a bunch of infantile 'orcs'. Urk was awesome, they ran out in all sorts of random ass spots and took counts happy as could be -- live or die, for years... You guys couldn't even seem to manage your own household without asking for a gm to help you. At that point nearly every other guild of note had been here longer than you and had contributed more. Any of them had more right to ask for such special treatment. Funny enough, they didn't have the audacity to request such changes, and most of the same guilds are still here. Where are you?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Menkaure wrote:And vega? How the hell did you even know I rolled one? I made it right before I quit and other then vish n dum, only 1 other person knew.
I knew who every orc was...
inkognito wrote:Vega is like this shards version of a wealthy, crooked politician. It's his business to know all your ingame dirt for it will potentially be pixelatingly profitable to him later. ;)
I plead the 5th.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Menkaure wrote:I never understood why they did it for bloodrock clan and not shadow clan?
It would be really easy to dissolve Bloodrock as a guild, add a colored guildstone out in the Bloodrock area and let anyone join it like factions. You could even make it a timer based membership. Then people could dress like orcs and defend, as well as the people attacking. If they kill inside the zone, no count. If outside the zone they get a count. Simple.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Myrnae wrote:
Menkaure wrote:I never understood why they did it for bloodrock clan and not shadow clan?
It would be really easy to dissolve Bloodrock as a guild, add a colored guildstone out in the Bloodrock area and let anyone join it like factions. You could even make it a timer based membership. Then people could dress like orcs and defend, as well as the people attacking. If they kill inside the zone, no count. If outside the zone they get a count. Simple.

It would also be really easy to restart auto-events. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Nevermind that shadowclan explicitly said they wanted said additions at the location of their choice, and not where bloodrock was (which stands to reason... they wanted their own area and didn't want to share with an existing guild). So moot point all around as far as they're concerned.

Zordak

Post by Zordak »

They do seem whiny. But given how dead the server has gotten, I vote that we just give the orcs what they want. It's stupid to let our pride, and our contempt about the orcs' whininess, preclude us from making the logical choice.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Rammar wrote:
Myrnae wrote:

It would also be really easy to restart auto-events. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Nevermind that shadowclan explicitly said they wanted said additions at the location of their choice, and not where bloodrock was (which stands to reason... they wanted their own area and didn't want to share with an existing guild). So moot point all around as far as they're concerned.
Totally agree Rammar, was just stating from a coding standpoint it would take about 5 minutes, and if it was take that or nothing I think the orcs would jump on it.. sort of a "unified orc front" so to speak.. I don't think anything is going to change here even though the new staff have tried things to stimulate the playerbase. I think making silver more accessible would make everyone happier personally :) Random 1/10000 chance to drop one silver coin applied across all loot tables? Keep it rare yea but make it attainable somehow other than just Christmas. Anyway I seem to have went down a tangent..

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Honestly I didn't know we'd requested a no-count zone, and even if we had a year or so ago it wasn't why we died off in the end. Velg had been gone quite a while before Menkaure briefly joined us. (Velg kickstarted our 2nd run, we had come and died off once before). Months later as Dumluk and I were trying to jump start things again Menkaure donated money and items so we could throw 20K bounties on us to bring humies to the Yew Fort. Guys who died to us two at the lich ruins at that time probably noticed we used ghouls touch bows a lot. We killed a ton of humies but frankly other than one small blip it wasn't working at all to get activity up. Menk finally rolled an orc and was ... very energetic. I felt like we let him down but that's just how it went.

Despite this thread the no-count zone wasn't why we died. I liked UOSA a lot, but where the clan went to is good for us as there are other orcs there to help bolster orc numbers. My huts on UOSA all fell about a month ago so if you need small hut spots check northwest of the fort by the tower that those guys who never play will never let fall.

Now Bloodrock clan, I was in that between Shadowclan runs, and we died because the fort was destroyed. Seemed like a hell of an idea at the time, and the event where it burned ...sort of "real time" was epic even with it being like 65 humies with dragons against 8 of us. It was just supposed to get recreated and never did, and I don't know, maybe morale suffered. No idea really but that seemed to be the catalyst for our demise.

Okay, class dismissed. I just wanted to set the record straight. We knew the rules here and we handled counts just fine while here...at least that is my perception. Shadowclan enjoyed its time(s) on UOSA.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Didn't let me down I only made the orc to help bolster activity and also so we could do gy runs((which the few we did were tons of fun). That moonglow thing we did was hilarious too. Its a shame we couldn't keep up the activity but it was incredibly fun while it lasted.
Gl vish, I hope you all enjoy wherever you guys are at.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish