How's that yew fort activity ?

Topics related to Second Age
Velgamog

How's that yew fort activity ?

Post by Velgamog »

Pretty fun since shadowclan left .... ?

Dev. team: I understand the need to follow protocol, but sometimes taking chances pays off.

Vega/Delo

Re: How's that yew fort activity ?

Post by Vega/Delo »

IMO, just another spot on the map. Not sure what you asked them to do as in reference to "protocol". However, the new gms have been doing spawn events, adding assistance where they can, and feeding some life into the game. Orc chatter has been happening alot in last weeks, be it the orc fort by compassion, or couple old orcs on the forums. Either way if you cant find love in the server, it isnt for you. 5(?) years and kicking. Lots of newer players, ones who know jack diddly, being helped by NEW and vets with plenty to give, be it items or knowledge.

Pac

Post by Pac »

They ran off because Staff wouldn't make them special and make the fort a "no-count zone." Now one is coming back pretending that we care. Good riddance.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

All im saying is there was a chance to turn "just another spot on the map" into something incredible for many players for many years. And there was a lot of community support for this to happen.

...and now you've got a mindless NPC orc spawn instead.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I never understood why they did it for bloodrock clan and not shadow clan?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Pac

Post by Pac »

Velgamog wrote:All im saying is there was a chance to turn "just another spot on the map" into something incredible for many players for many years. And there was a lot of community support for this to happen.

...and now you've got a mindless NPC orc spawn instead.
Delusions of grandeur.

So which failed shard are you crawling back from now that you've decided to come back here and start this whining again?

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

I don't want to start shard wars or anything but things are pretty sweet for us right now.

Gugye latz

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Velgamog wrote:I don't want to start shard wars or anything but things are pretty sweet for us right now.

Gugye latz
Seems like a direct contradiction of the premise of your original post. But we here are all glad you're happy. Feel free to stop in and troll more.
I'm sure you'll be taken as serious as your long long tenure here on Uosa.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

idk I thought they were fun. Bad, but fun.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Indeed. And I'm sure if they could endure what everyone on the shards has endured for years, they could've possibly been granted their add ons, change in environmental mechanics, and whatever other trammel request they had in mind. But alas, a few counts and some griefing send their sensitive orc tears scurrying away.

Role playing on this shard is a huge investment. You're going to want to accumulate some wealth and social connections before you ask the entire shard not to do what it is this shard does best. (Drink the tears of entitled trammelites)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

Not being able to defend our fort from attacks without getting counts and going red meant our life style simply could not work on your shard. stat loss was becoming a major headpain for us, which is eventually what sent us away. We did not run away crying, we just realized our life style could not work on your shard.

okay....now gugye

Pac

Post by Pac »

Your tantrum threads posted here back then say otherwise.

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Pac wrote:Your tantrum threads posted here back then say otherwise.
Just witnessing your responses and tone, it sure seems like you're one bitter little person. Perhaps changing your attitude a bit might help the shard, because it wasn't just the lack of events that drove people to more popular servers, but also the population problem - and I'm not talking as a quantity problem, but a quality problem.

Feel free to flame back as it seems to be your way of dealing with things. But that's all I'm saying on the subject.

Pac

Post by Pac »

My attitude is fine. I have a problem with people who show up on this shard and fully expect Staff and Players to roll out the red carpet for them and receive special treatment within a week of arriving here rather than earn their rewards and standing by proving their value over time.

This is exactly what Shadowclan did and thankfully it didn't work and they ran off to some other trash shard.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

we tried sticking it out but imagine how disheartening it was getting stat loss punished for protecting your home from dry-looting, orc-hating guilds whose one objective here was making our lives miserable however they could. (even constantly eathquaking us while sleeping in our huts). we did not "fully expect" to have our request met. it was a longshot that would have made your shard better. dev team said no, griefers kept griefing, shadowclan left.

A thriving community of actual orc RPers > mindless orc spawn. FACT.

This WOULD have made your server more enjoyable.

Not tyring to spread any more aggression towards shadowclan though so this is it...

DA FINUL GUGYE