I have a suggestion that would not harm game play/Craft Menu

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nubblie

I have a suggestion that would not harm game play/Craft Menu

Post by nubblie »

Lets change the craftsman menus! please this is one part of AOS and ML I do think noone will mind adding to the game. The new menus are a ton better than the old ones.

Thoughts?

Kenrick

Re: I have a suggestion that would not harm game play.

Post by Kenrick »

Make a poll.

My vote would be no. It's the "look and feel" aspects that really set this shard apart from others, and the old school menus are a big part of that.
how does I bought horse?

alatar

Post by alatar »

yea i don't think this one would go through
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i'd vote no :?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

I would vote Yes. Simply for the fact that, although this change was a 'right after t2a' one, it WAS one of the few that actually benefited the game. Giving the player a more enjoyable experience, vice getting pissed off at the gumps.
Let's face it, the awkwardly menus were changed for a reason. :)

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i dunno, i'm kinda indifferent now on the subject. either way would be fine with me, but i'm trying to align myself on the 'era only' side. it wouldn't affect gameplay, but that is like saying new houses wouldn't affect game play (kinda reaching here, i know).

it changes the looks of the game. but then again, i could change my opinion on a similar subject (look of menus, houses, whatever) in the future. i'm sure a majority of people liked the new menus, but i'm sure a majority of the people here want to keep it old school just cause.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

platy

Post by platy »

I beleive the crafting menu's were suggested to the way they are now.. The initial population wanted the older menu's for era accuracy if i remember correctly (i at least remember when some of the menu's were updated to older gumps- a move which most liked)

I think it's better how it is, we all know some things were improved upon like Animal Lore and other skills, but t2a was a less developed time and it makes sense not to have all the options OSI has now for accuracy's sake.

It can't be THAT bad? Anyways EUO is illegal, and EUO is the only program which would have complications when setting up macros since the gumps don't match..

Sry I don't have any crafting chars, maybe I'd be more for it if I did, sorry.

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

No, it's NOT THAT bad, when your SCRIPTMACROing making the item. No one said anything about EUO cuz Razor works just great for that. I just never cared for it when I was making just a few items manually. thas all

platy

Post by platy »

So you'd suggest to change the shard because you don't care for something when you're "just making a few items manually?"
:?

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

platy wrote:So you'd suggest to change the shard because you don't care for something when you're "just making a few items manually?"
well when it takes you 10 min. of scrolling to make 20 pickaxes it is a little annoying...
hey it was a suggestion... for some reason I thought this is what this section of the forum was for, but i know this is the almighty internet and most people have bigger balls on it and love to bash.

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

platy wrote:So you'd suggest to change the shard because you don't care for something when you're "just making a few items manually?"
Yes.

platy

Post by platy »

Okay, there was no bashing.. i've seem to made the newbies here upset.. what to do??
Sry if I came off like a jerk.. BUT.. i've been here for almost four months, and this was changed due to popular demand..
Yuor right, this is what these forums are for, but aren't they also for people who disagree with your suggestions? I mean am i not allowed to disagree? ESpecially when we as a shard changed it to how it is?
Boohoo you need to dbl click and scroll to make pickaxes.. Fryguy already said its not a big deal, and.....since its not a big deal, you won't mind if we left it how it is then right?

Maybe you shouldn't make suggestions if your not open to hearing others opinions.. instead of pulling the "bigger balls" card over an internet forum
*lame*
:roll:

Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Its not hard to make macros in razor for making all your macros. I have one for making my blacksmithing items, my shovels for mining, and also a macro for mining. You could do anything! It's sooooo easy. Yeah if you don't do the macro's it's kind of a fuss but w/e, the game isn't rated G for kids here.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=275

Brought this up once before. I dont really mind except they are not t2a accurate. I think that they are worth the sacrifice and make life a ton easier on crafters. But once again if we do this then where do we stop?
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this