A protection patch note.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

A protection patch note.

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

I have kind of a small thing here from the patch for UOR
The protection spell will reduce the chance that a caster is interrupted by an attack for a limited time. The duration of the spell will be affected by the caster’s skill in magery (up to a little over three minutes) . The effectiveness of the spell will be determined by the caster’s Evaluate Intelligence, Meditation, and Inscription skills.

The protection spell will no longer be a targetable spell. Just like magic reflection, the spell will automatically target the caster. Once the spell is exhausted, the caster cannot cast the spell again for a time period equal to half the length of time that it was active (i.e.: if it was active for 3 minutes, then the caster cannot cast it again for 1 minute and 30 seconds).

Well the difference is that it should be targetable and it you should be able to cast it on yourself repeatedly, because this patch for UO R made it not targetable, and did not allow you to cast it on yourself over and over.

EDIT: I accidentally wrote that this was not a UOR patch, it is.
Last edited by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Red

Re: A protection patch note.

Post by Red »

That was very close to UOR.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Oops I'm sorry I put that its NOT for UO R I meant to put that it was for UO R.

What I'm trying to say is that before this patch things were NOT this way.

I'm deeply sorry about any confusion.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I seem to remember a delay wish Magic Reflection, and also not being able to use Reactive Armor and Reflection together, but I'm not sure around what time that was. I forgot all about the protection spell, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I seem to remember a delay wish Magic Reflection, and also not being able to use Reactive Armor and Reflection together, but I'm not sure around what time that was. I forgot all about the protection spell, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
UO:R added inscription bonuses but limited these spells (so you could only have 1 up at a time)

I do remember (and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it back in the spring last year, but there was better things to fix at the time), that the protection spell should be targetable. I remember casting it along with Arch Protection to buff everyone +20AR each before some fights
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Will make protection targetable right away. Thanks