Make an Era Accurate Commercial :P

Topics related to Second Age
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Make an Era Accurate Commercial :P

Post by Menkaure »

Pfft here's my first experience:
My brother already played for a few months n had a 92 alchemist/85 magery(back then this was like unreal to have either of those skills over 70), he told me I could try it out on his account before buying. I was in town and he told me basics, don't attack in town and how to move, that was it. Never told me about rezzing.
I ran outside trinsic on his alchy Mage, and got killed by an ettin. I insta resd with stat loss because you could choose that option back then, died again, and repeated 3 more times, til I logged on a different toon.
He wasn't as mad as I woulda been but he was still jacked lol
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Ali wrote:Reminds me of spending my first Ultima hours running around Yew as a ghost.

I had attacked a deer.

I lost.
My first death was due to attacking a boar somewhere in the bloody plains. After dying and getting ressed by a healer, I happened upon a corpse with a colored cape and was so excited I wore it all the way back to Vesper. I later learned you could dye clothing, making my find less awesome.
First time I played UO I started in Magincia with a character with 0 wrestling and 10 str (it was supposed to be a mage). I attacked a rat and was so horribly lagged that I could not escape it, and died. A nice welcome to UO.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

me and a buddy would wake up before school, create a new character with 50 tac/50 swords, buy a katana (or whatever we could afford) and go kill people in sewers because they would always get blocked. new chars on different shards for different mornings. we would just laugh and log in the sewers. i think on a few shards we got red in there a few times. even the sewers were packed back then...

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Heh every warrior I had back in the day started building skills in the sewers, killing frogs and rats.

SeTiDaYeTi

Post by SeTiDaYeTi »

kill drizitz wrote:me and a buddy would wake up before school, create a new character with 50 tac/50 swords, buy a katana (or whatever we could afford) and go kill people in sewers because they would always get blocked. new chars on different shards for different mornings. we would just laugh and log in the sewers. i think on a few shards we got red in there a few times. even the sewers were packed back then...
Budner wrote:Heh every warrior I had back in the day started building skills in the sewers, killing frogs and rats.
Sewers, sewers. We had no sewers back in 1997!

For me, it was sparring at Jhelom farm, killing trash in Wrong (I recalled since day one, sort of, and had a friend with high enough magery who marked runes for me), and befriending those PKs who where sort of based at Jhelom farm. Great times.

OK that's BS. Well, not really. It's the real deal but maybe not in 1997. And it wasn't even 1997. 1998 for me. And yeah, I'm no SeTiDaYeTi. Oprah Winfrey here.

Anyhow, my first experience is kind of blurred, along the lines of "hey, 4 guys attacking a monster! Let me attack it too", ending up with me accidentally double clicking on one of the blue guys and getting horribly murdered.

Pac

Post by Pac »

I don't think I set foot in the Britain sewers on OSI.

I rarely went to T2A lands at all other than around Delucia. The terrain design was just too annoying to waste any time going there.

Roden

Post by Roden »

Can we get phoenix armor here? I had nearly a full set of that on Europa.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Yep.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SeTiDaYeTi

Post by SeTiDaYeTi »

Roden wrote:Can we get phoenix armor here? I had nearly a full set of that on Europa.
Which name did you go by on Europa back then man?

Roden

Post by Roden »

SeTiDaYeTi wrote:
Roden wrote:Can we get phoenix armor here? I had nearly a full set of that on Europa.
Which name did you go by on Europa back then man?
I went by many names, I played on a lot of shards but mostly Europa, and mostly solo.

I mostly played for the virtual world experience, I was never really into slaying monsters and such. I explored the world to it's boundaries, and also talked with the GMs a lot especially about exploit stuff I had sometimes discovered (some of the fixes in patch notes were because of me - one in particular being the greatest exploit of all time IMO :P). At that time, the world felt more real and free to me, you could bend the rules a little by using various little bugs (and I don't just mean maliciously, fun stuff) - RunUO feels very stiff at times but hey... it's all good.

My very first experience I remember was starting in Minoc and having a GM give me items to help me start smithing (I had no idea he was even a GM at the time, I didn't call him, I thought he was another player).