can you steal in towns without getting guardwhacked?

Topics related to Second Age
a mexican

Re: can you steal in towns without getting guardwhacked?

Post by a mexican »

Moriarti wrote:is this era accurate? i seem to remember with gm stealing being able to steal in towns
I remember getting stolen from around WBB all the time back in the day. Don't really have that problem here, hell I don't even have to call the guards, the bankers on the other side of the wall do that for me.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I've made a couple hundred thousand gold in wares stolen on this shard. All in town. Its all about persistence. Also, its all about being a jerk frankly.
My motto on my thief is criminals can't be choosers. If you have a ruby on you, im going to steal it. Stack of regs? Ok! Bandages, earthquake scroll, 50 gold pieces whatever. I'm a volume thief.
Being a thief ain't about the money anyway. Its the thrill of the hunt. But there are those times where you snag someone's key and rune to their home...those are some of the most rewarding thief ventures. And it happens more often then people would think.

Getting guard-whacked is an occupational hazard. Comes with the territory.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

darkmalus

Post by darkmalus »

stealing in town is so easy... all you need is some purple pots and a guy who can cast gate to a shrine... well its kinda like stealing

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think Karma has also a role in your attempts to steal in town, it's called Karma for a reason
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I think Karma has also a role in your attempts to steal in town, it's called Karma for a reason
I dunno why you bumped this but im 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with karma/noto.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You ever try stealing with a thief with high karma in disguise or out? When you have low Karma the message we will be keeping an eye on thee is proclaimed by the town guards. If they went as far as putting this message in, karma and reputation in...you would think it would be for some in game mechanic and not for mere title.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You ever try stealing with a thief with high karma in disguise or out? When you have low Karma the message we will be keeping an eye on thee is proclaimed by the town guards. If they went as far as putting this message in, karma and reputation in...you would think it would be for some in game mechanic and not for mere title.
The guards talking is just fluff man. Karma and noto don't go into the % you have of stealing in town. Its the same as stealing outside. When you steal outside of town and stay blue it means they didnt catch you. It means the message "You see Menk stealing a katana from archaic" won't pop on the screen. Same thing in town, and this why guards won't whack.
If a gm could clear this up?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Menkaure wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You ever try stealing with a thief with high karma in disguise or out? When you have low Karma the message we will be keeping an eye on thee is proclaimed by the town guards. If they went as far as putting this message in, karma and reputation in...you would think it would be for some in game mechanic and not for mere title.
The guards talking is just fluff man. Karma and noto don't go into the % you have of stealing in town. Its the same as stealing outside. When you steal outside of town and stay blue it means they didnt catch you. It means the message "You see Menk stealing a katana from archaic" won't pop on the screen. Same thing in town, and this why guards won't whack.
If a gm could clear this up?
I think , or in my opinion should determine if an npc not the player notices your attempts.

Your success or failure in being noticed to a player should be noticeable only to him, if you have a karma fail then you should be grey to others who took notice in my opinion. Stealing should be success or failure and karma should determine if you are noticed or not. It may not be how its coded but that would make sense. Disguise kits would neutralize karma. Do you notice you succeed more in being disguised?