Less-than-GM taming/animal lore

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Less-than-GM taming/animal lore

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

applejack wrote:In addition to this template, archaicsubrosa also recommends the provoking thief and the parry tamer. He visited me in a dream and told me to relay this message.
The provoker thief does wonders in dungeons...
Here is the thing. If you have a snooper alt you can stealth around and if you see someone hunting you just go in their pack and tag everything to absolute target and save it. (we are talking shared macros)

When your bard thief logs on...with stealing instead of eval....you go around and act like you are just farming yourself....then attempt a loot of the others things (kills). They may attack you turning them grey. Now you just go down the line and steal absolute target for everything you picked out....when you run and heal you provoke mobs on them. (Don't bother tagging things in their main pack except what's essential to you winning)

The Parry Tamer....
You always need to be close to your pets. An archer used against the tamer is actually efficient because of this. Maybe not before but I am sure they will be now that people are thinking. Of course you will not be able to GM parry (unless you drop vet completely) but parry does carry additional benefits against archery. A dexxer with archery and swords can do you in pretty quickly with a shot, a swipe, and a purple if completely unarmored. Not even bothering to mention if your wyrm drops mass curse at the wrong time and your opponent leaves you, as he offscreens, damaged and at it's mercy. You can easily get to 50-60 parry without sacrificing too much. Hit or miss the extra AR can be worth it. Everything is rock, paper, scissors. It's meant to be that way. You can point out the vulnerabilities in anything and say , well in this scenario it will not work or won't work well...or in this case it would be useful.

Yes the weakest combat skill is best against the best. Your Dream is fulfilled applejack.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
applejack wrote:In addition to this template, archaicsubrosa also recommends the provoking thief and the parry tamer. He visited me in a dream and told me to relay this message.
Here is the thing. If you have a snooper alt you can stealth around and if you see someone hunting you just go in their pack and tag everything to absolute target and save it. (we are talking shared macros)

When your bard thief logs on...with stealing instead of eval....you go around and act like you are just farming yourself....then attempt a loot of the others things (kills). They may attack you turning them grey. Now you just go down the line and steal absolute target for everything you picked out....when you run and heal you provoke mobs on them. (Don't bother tagging things in their main pack except what's essential to you winning)

The Parry Tamer....
You always need to be close to your pets. An archer used against the tamer is actually efficient because of this. Maybe not before but I am sure they will be now that people are thinking. Of course you will not be able to GM parry (unless you drop vet completely) but parry does carry additional benefits against archery. A dexxer with archery and swords can do you in pretty quickly with a shot, a swipe, and a purple if completely unarmored. Not even bothering to mention if your wyrm drops mass curse at the wrong time and your opponent leaves you, as he offscreens, damaged and at it's mercy. You can easily get to 50-60 parry without sacrificing too much. Hit or miss the extra AR can be worth it. Everything is rock, paper, scissors. It's meant to be that way. You can point out the vulnerabilities in anything and say , well in this scenario it will not work or won't work well...or in this case it would be useful.

Yes the weakest combat skill is best against the best. Your Dream is fulfilled applejack.

You're probably the most delusional player I can think of. Your template's are ridiculous and only work in your crazy mind. Nobody should listen to a thing you have to say and should stick to things that REAL veterans tell them.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Robbbb wrote: You're probably the most delusional player I can think of. Your template's are ridiculous and only work in your crazy mind. Nobody should listen to a thing you have to say and should stick to things that REAL veterans tell them.
replying is futile
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Robbbb wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:

The Parry Tamer....

You're probably the most delusional player I can think of. Your template's are ridiculous and only work in your crazy mind. Nobody should listen to a thing you have to say and should stick to things that REAL veterans tell them.
#1 Ten bucks archers start synching arrows on tamers. Don't bother with anything that can be reflected...Crossbow, drop MS,click purple, hally, throw for a big hit. If they dont run and leave their pets vulnerable they will take heavy damage if not die immediately if they have no AR #2 if you dont know you can share macros so you can eliminate snooping on a dungeon thief that is your own fault. You retarget abolute targets down the line listing the macros a,ab, ac etc. save them and you are gold. Not you, other people will be gold. You will wonder what just happened and how did a thief run up on you mounted and did an insta-steal over and over on you in combat and how the hell he is 7X without gimping his defenses.

Most people know if they are going to fight reds through a gate to run long enough to have their pre-cast spells fade so they can not synch at the get go. That is harder to do as a tamer. In fact most stand their ground because they trust they can absorb a synch and trust their pets. 2 Dexxers can wipe one out in seconds with archery mage and swords. I say two in case he runs after the first volley or you get bad rolls. If he runs and returns to the pets one guy keeps on him with the kat while they other guy sets up the combo again. Otherwise take his pets and move on if he managed to live and escape.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.