Desynch Poll

Topics related to Second Age

Have you noticed incresed desynchs in the last month?

No: I don't use any third party programs but Razor
42%
No: I do use a third party program other than Razor
3%
Yes: I don't use any third party programs but Razor
50%
Yes: I do use a third party program other than Razor
5%

Total votes: 113

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Desynch Poll

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

I've been having several desynchs today, mostly from just running around in the woods. Unfortunately, it's hard to reproduce on-demand. I'm running client 6.0.5.0 (Patch 77) with Razor 1.0.12.5. This hasn't happened before today, and it's happened 4-5 times today already on two different characters (same account). My UO / Razor settings and installation haven't changed.

The first time was at WBB and I simply walked inside and couldn't move South (as if someone were following right behind me anytime I moved North and stood there preventing me from going that direction. I re-logged and the problem was fixed.

The second time was running West from the Britain GY to the smithy and my location was offset 1 tile to the South (i.e: I could stand on top of the forge, but I would actually be just North of it).

The third time I was running from the WB mage guildhouse and transporting an empty bookshelf to the carpentry shop. This caused me to actually be one tile North of where I appeared to be. I was able to drop the bookshelf into the empty spot against the wall of the carpentry shop, however, and when I re-logged I was standing in the spot where I had just placed the bookshelf.

The fourth time was on a new character by the mountains North of Brit GY and West of the Brit Mines, being chased by two trolls. This desynch actually paralyzed me completely while the trolls casually walked up to me and killed me (after I died, I could move freely).

The fifth time was again running through the forest. Again, paralyzation. I re-logged and this fixed the issue.

I'll try and find a more reliable way to reproduce the issue, but this one is going to be elusive. Somewhere, some subroutine is failing a boundary check. Or somewhere, some piece of code is not quite thread-safe.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

not sure what de-synching means.

but recently when i hit my resynch client button, i am completely stuck. i have to hit it a few times before i can start to move again.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

I am having issues with desycnhing.

It seems that descyching is getting in the way of my general gameplay. (Been a month or so now)

If i desynch against a dexter its deadly.
I just get stuck then resynch, then my guy jumps a tile take another blow then i freeze then resynch then i can move. I loose my swing counter and i take two blows pointlessly.

Desycnch in mage combat. During a fight i get my enemy to low HP he starts to run.
I go to chase and am stuck.. i resynch my guy jumps one tile. Still frozen cant move i hit resynch again now i can move. So the chase is on...... my enemy is gone if i find him he has had ample time to heal up to full or whatever.

Group fights. so everyone is fighting and having fun yadda, yadda enemys load up explode you prep your heal. Here comes the drop you get you heal off as your moving around then bam, stuck ...damn hit resycnh fast. again i jump a tile "Shit iam on a stump now" but they have the extra second to run in for the hally wacks.. deadly again i feel that this is messing with my game play.

In 3 hours or game play ill hit the resych razor key at least ten times. At times it happens at the worst times.

using patch 5.0.8.3 or whatever and the same razor from a year ago.

OP system windows XP.

Any suggesttions?

Make me happy and ill send marketing funds.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Resyncing as of late is pretty horrid... I have to resync AT LEAST once every 15 minutes, usually more often.

Many times I will have to resync twice in a row just to be able to move :(

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

DavidPaluch

Post by DavidPaluch »

Has this been resolved yet?

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Barack_Obama_Hope_poster.jpg
Barack_Obama_Hope_poster.jpg (100.13 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
No, desync(ing) has been an issue for 5+ years.
I too, would like for this issue to be resolved.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I have a razor macro to target keys, unlock door, open door, lock door, run inside, close door. I always end up in a tile beneath the house.

Additionally. I have noticed lately then upon character login my queue is backed up and my backpacks do not always open up like normal. I do not know the cause of it yet, but I suspect something has changed to cause this issue. (I have had a guildmate complain about the same thing).

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

DavidPaluch wrote:Has this been resolved yet?

it is a runuo issue and not a UOSA issue :(

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Bixby Legbone wrote:I have a razor macro to target keys, unlock door, open door, lock door, run inside, close door. I always end up in a tile beneath the house.

Additionally. I have noticed lately then upon character login my queue is backed up and my backpacks do not always open up like normal. I do not know the cause of it yet, but I suspect something has changed to cause this issue. (I have had a guildmate complain about the same thing).

check your object delay setting in razor. should be your ping + 1000. so if you ping 100, it should be set at 1100(or 1150ish considering possible spike)

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Could be entirely coincidental, but I first started desyncing after Telamon's houses fell. To that point I had never had an issue, but I recall joking about it with some others who also began experiencing problems around that time.

I use the uoam that's hosted here.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

I desynch 5-30 times every single duel.. some times are just worse than others
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Perhaps increased razor macro use has led to increased de-syncing.

DavidPaluch

Post by DavidPaluch »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have tried playing on other RUN UO servers and there is no issue like this at all. So I am sure its something that can be fixed. Perhaps the client? a patch? a script? Maybe its the engine.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

A duel without a desynch would be like suckin on god's titties
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

My second most used hotkey on every type of character is the toggled Resynchronize Client on Razor.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.