Staff and players POLL

Topics related to Second Age

Do you like the idea of staff sometimes hanging out in the world for no other reason than to chat?

The more the better.
73%
As a rare occasion only. Don't do it too much.
20%
Please don't show me staff unless they are answering my pages.
7%

Total votes: 56

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Staff and players POLL

Post by GuardianKnight »

Have you ever profited off of someone that just wanted you to profit? Seems like all of your profit stories start with "some dude died".
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

You really struggle with the ethics of this game, GK. How are these concepts so genuinely shocking to such a seasoned vet?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Cavewight scammed me twice. I then scammed him back four times. If you can point me in the direction of someone whose only interest is for me to profit I'd appreciate it. Until then however, what Malaikat said.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Please understand that I don't say things in order to aggravate you. We have an assortment of players here and I have had quite a few friends who have helped me solely in order to profit. I have done the same for a few trustworthy people. Heck, I even worked with cavewight a few times.

I try to be good to people. Cavewight never took advantage of me. He was always a good guy to me. That is why it was such a shock when people told me of the things he was apparently doing. I helped what I considered to be a legit player.

I like to be 90% trusting and 10% suspicious. It makes for a better environment, overall.
I've never claimed to be ghetto UOSA.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

No one's aggrivated, of course. I'm just always confused when people appear to be troubled over behavior that in reality would be dreadfully appalling but which is ordinary and even thrilling in a virtual world.

There are but a short list of nuances that separate Uo from other, less compelling, games. Don't take them for granted or dismiss them so readily as inherently evil. That was EA/OSI's greatest mistake.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Malaikat wrote:No one's aggrivated, of course. I'm just always confused when people appear to be troubled over behavior that in reality would be dreadfully appalling but which is ordinary and even thrilling in a virtual world.
You lost me here. How do you think business operates?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Capitalist wrote:
Malaikat wrote:No one's aggrivated, of course. I'm just always confused when people appear to be troubled over behavior that in reality would be dreadfully appalling but which is ordinary and even thrilling in a virtual world.
You lost me here. How do you think business operates?
Ethically?

It's not always the case, of course, but I've never worked for a company that murdered people or outright scammed/robbed them for profit. I'm pretty sure the majority of that exited the world with Al Capone...

In the modern era of civilization most successful businesses have come to realize the value of the opinions and livelihoods of the consumers who are actually consuming their product/service. Every company I've worked for has had some notion of customer service baked in to their mission statement. My current company strives to deliver profit opportunities in partnership with our customers....

So, at least on some level they are trying to enrich the lives of their constituents. In the real world, where resources aren't gathered from the corpses of dragons, it makes good business sense that your customers would become healthier, wealthier, etc. Unless you're a mortician, a greater standard and quality of life for your customers will always translate into greater profit for yourself. Especially if your company is helping (or perceived as helping) to deliver those high standards.

KingCo

Post by KingCo »

I love when Mala trys to sound smart.

KingCo

Post by KingCo »

If the GM's were not previous players with alot of personal history, I'd love to interact with them.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

KingCo wrote:I love when Mala trys to sound smart.
See, my brand's stock just went up. Another loyal customer served. I'm glad that I could so enrich your life, KingCod. I feel as though we've all profited from having shared this moment. Love is, after all, a wonderful emotion.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Business ethics... ha