In-Town PK'ing

Topics related to Second Age
Basil

In-Town PK'ing

Post by Basil »

I returned after a layoff of a little over a decade last year, and I'm not sure I'm up to speed with all the rules. I tried to search for an answer, but couldn't find a keyword that didn't bring up boatloads of non-relevant posts.

My newbie mage was pk'ed while macroing off of Lord British. It was my understanding that someone who PK's in town would immediately be killed by the town guards. I was surprised when this not only happened once, but a second time about ten minutes later - with no repurcussions for the little twerp.

Is my old T2A book no longer applicable to rules when it comes to reputation & murder counts?

Orion GM B^D

Re: In-Town PK'ing

Post by Orion GM B^D »

You can be killed in any town in guard zones. They use purple pots from another char
that's gated in to throw them.

Best thing to do is stay out of brit. Go to towns less pop'd. Also be a good idea not to leave
anyting on your person while macroing even in a house and NEVER while in town.

Welcome back! Glad to see a returning player. Also search the name Pirul for great guides to
UOSA. Shoot me a pm some time and I will co own you to a small that's quite and you can
do all you char training there while you get back into the game and on your feet.

Be smart and you will have a great time here. One thing to keep in mind....you will die a lot. Don't let it
bother you, just learn how to avoid it for the next time. You will get pk'd and loose that 5k you just farmed
but alas, its just part of the game. You have to have a thick skin here.

Good luck and let me know when you want to use the small!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Basil

Post by Basil »

Thanks for the warm welcome, Orion!

I knew enough that when I macro'ed AFK that I shouldn't be carrying anything I didn't want to lose (and I do get a little bit of pleasure knowing the PK'er gets zilch!). I'm just out the time to bring my Eval. Int. number up. Fortunately, he just made GM so I don't need to take him there anymore. I used LB because 1) he's stationary, and 2) I thought I was relatively safe in town. I'll keep your advice in mind when macroing in the future.

Can you explain what a small is? I don't remember such a term from way back when I played on the Sonoma shard.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

A little tidbit of information for you.

Guards do not come to slay an evildoer by default. Someone, be it an NPC or player, has to call them to get their attention. It is quite possible to attack someone in town and not be instantly guard whacked if you have an understanding of NPC sight lines and what their "guard call" range is. That's why you see people who macro in town put a "guards" line in the macro. Helps stave off players who use throw-away newbie fencers to kill afkers, but does nothing to stop those who have a purple-pot keg and a rune to the Chaos shrine or Ankh at Empath.

It's just best to keep in the back of your mind that if someone here wants you dead... They'll find a way to do it and they often also don't care if they get any loot from you.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Basil

Post by Basil »

Vhyx wrote:It's just best to keep in the back of your mind that if someone here wants you dead... They'll find a way to do it and they often also don't care if they get any loot from you.
And those are the type of people who I'm glad that in r/l they're behind a computer rather than out in public. ;)

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

omg you killed me in UO?

ama hunt you down and rough you up cuz you town killed me the other night.

cuz your UO game reflects who you are in real life.

get real........

Town killing is the ;bomb

iv'e never macroed in town.

Cept maybe provocation. (.)(.)
O

*Drinking*

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhf1QzmQ ... RQWnbaKMV5

Here is the more complicated way to go about it.....

btw... this isn't me.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Basil wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, Orion!

I knew enough that when I macro'ed AFK that I shouldn't be carrying anything I didn't want to lose (and I do get a little bit of pleasure knowing the PK'er gets zilch!). I'm just out the time to bring my Eval. Int. number up. Fortunately, he just made GM so I don't need to take him there anymore. I used LB because 1) he's stationary, and 2) I thought I was relatively safe in town. I'll keep your advice in mind when macroing in the future.

Can you explain what a small is? I don't remember such a term from way back when I played on the Sonoma shard.
What I mean by a [small] is a small house that I will co-own you to to play out of till
you get established. Use as long as it takes.

PM's are the best way to reach me. Dont forget [Pirul] in the guides section. He has incredible insight
to UOSA, ie: surviving, tactics, tricks to enjoying UO here.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

If you think pking for the sheer cheap thrill of pking in UO strongly and directly reflects real life behavior...LoL
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Pac

Post by Pac »

inkognito wrote:If you think pking for the sheer cheap thrill of pking in UO strongly and directly reflects real life behavior...LoL
I remember Trammies in the Stratics Ideas forum making the exact same argument back when they were literally asking for Trammel.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Having a static Lord British NPC on the throne is NEA.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

It does effect a game mechanic, so you will just have to look passed it.
Trinny Stone Vendors

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Another way to town kill is the poison spell. Takes longer and maybe a few doses but does not result in a murder count because the aggressor flag times out before death.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Wonko the Sane wrote:Another way to town kill is the poison spell. Takes longer and maybe a few doses but does not result in a murder count because the aggressor flag times out before death.
That doesn't sound right at all. Not saying that's not how it is, just that every poison tick should refresh the aggro timer as per era acc.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The poison tick did not refresh either the aggressor timer or the criminal timer during the era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org