At what point in T2A era are we patched to?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Historic_Metal

At what point in T2A era are we patched to?

Post by Historic_Metal »

Hi I'm new to the server, just want to say I'm really glad this place exists because T2A era was when I started uo in high school. I have some good memories from it and I've always wanted to play it again as it was.

I was looking on the uo.com updates page but was unable to find a patch by the label 5.0.8.3. I'm assuming this is basically the point in time we are "re-enacting" if you will. But I'm curious about which patches we're playing with. Is it all of them up until right before UO:R? Or is it a bit earlier.

I'd like to know if there is a way I can get info about which patches are included, and specifically I'm curious about 2 things: 1) does higher dex increase the speed at which you heal? (I know this was a patch that made dexers more effective), and 2) Does lumberjacking increase damage done with axes? (this might have been right after UO:R, can't really remember)

Derrick

Re: At what point in T2A era are we patched to?

Post by Derrick »

Welcome to Second Age!

5.0.8.3 is the client version we recommend, a more modern one (for now).

The Server is not targeted at a specific moment during the T2A era, but generally targets Feb to Nov 1999. The dex based healing and the lumberjacking bonus were both changes made in 2000 and are not supported on UOSA.

If you hit out Wiki, link at the top of this page, you can browse all the era patch notes including the ones no longer available on the uo.com site.

If you have any specific things you're unsure on, the search feature on these forums will prove invaluable.