Population decline

Topics related to Second Age
Gork

Re: Population decline

Post by Gork »

Well pvp is not dead lol ... everytime I leave the house I get into a huge brawl! its not 10 vs 10 ... but holy shit... what happend tonight ... 2 double kills within 1 minute... see vegas screen in the NC screenshots forum.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55016&start=225

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

the population will always fluctuate but the new players will bring in more new players because they'll enjoy the mechanics and tbh there is still a good number of people here- I've never log'd in and seen no one. There's always atleast 80 or so IP's clocked in when I play (at least) so it's not even close to dead. Dead is IPY2 (aww too soon?) Just hang in there people who are new to the server- you're the future of it

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Its farmers galore atm :D Easy to farm gold. :lol:

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Ulfrigg wrote:Its farmers galore atm :D Easy to farm gold. :lol:
Ripe for PKs.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

Wonko the Sane wrote:
Ulfrigg wrote:Its farmers galore atm :D Easy to farm gold. :lol:
Ripe for PKs.

Farm baby farm!!!! PKs are to busy xmas shopping right now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

The population has always fluctuated, I've seen over 800~ clients logged in at some points, and as low as 250~ at others.

That being said, I believe this is one of the lowest population counts we've had in a long time, I'm hoping it's only a temporary thing - but there's no way to tell.

Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

A couple GM-ran PvP events a week would be cool
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

RallMekin

Post by RallMekin »

To be honest,

I absolutely hope this shard doesn't die. It also seems there are a lot of semi-new characters running around Moonglow where I am currently skilling up my future mage/archeress.

I am a major corporate leader in EVE Online, so this game will not, for a while, have my full, undivided gaming attention; however, this feels like Ultima Online when I first stated playing, and not what it turned into (which was quite easy to give up, as carebear, risk-averse oriented as it got).

I am contacting a few of my old UO buddies from high school and seeing if I can get them back interested and I plan to help popularize this server. I am a little disappointed that the references I saw to this server were "500 online" and so far, all I've seen were closer to 300. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have experienced, and I think huge potential is here.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

RallMekin wrote:However, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have experienced, and I think huge potential is here.
That's what she said.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I logged on tonight after playing maybe 2 or 3 days total over the last year and a half or so and I ran into a lot of new players in game and even a couple asking questions in IRC. Seems like a pretty positive sign to me.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Soma wrote:The population has always fluctuated, I've seen over 800~ clients logged in at some points, and as low as 250~ at others.

That being said, I believe this is one of the lowest population counts we've had in a long time, I'm hoping it's only a temporary thing - but there's no way to tell.

I see the problem. The dip coincides with mating season.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Everyone is busy around holidays. The sky is not falling.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.