Purge The Server

Topics related to Second Age

Should we purge the items/houses on the server and start fresh?

YES
35%
NO
48%
Sure - I think it would be a neat idea
4%
No - I have too much lewtz
7%
I don't care
5%

Total votes: 116

Pac

Re: Purge The Server

Post by Pac »

Freight Elevator wrote:
Pac wrote: I know of multiple UO servers out there with way more clients on than dead-UOSA's shameful '200 client' count.

People saying this would "kill the shard" - you don't get it, the shard is already dead.
You know all 2 of them?
Current active players on UOSA? Yes, sadly.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Why are you here?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Living the troll life.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

RallMekin

Post by RallMekin »

I'm new here, so, yes, because I am new, delete everyone's stuff and make them start over so I can obtain total server domination... :D

In serioussnes, I voted yes, but only as a troll. If for some reason this is even being considered, only wipe assets but not toons or skills--and even then, you are going to lose a huge amount of players. Its actually a bad idea IMO, but, hey, I've just started.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Assets are the only thing worth anything on the shard besides clown colored hair. Anything else on characters in terms of skills can be trained and duplicated in a matter of weeks (usually less, but I'd assume more time when starting from zero resources)
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Wernham Hogg

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Yep. A server wipe is surely the best way to get people back on here.

Im sure most of current players would love to lose their stuff.
And the ones who left will probably come back if they know their stuff has been wiped.
And the ones who havent got a char here yet probably havent got it because they're waiting for the shard to get wiped before they can logon.

But seriously, no.
This shard has got an excellent reputation for being extremely professional. Even though we're at an all time low at the moment when it comes to population.
Wiping the shard would turn it into a joke.
Last edited by Wernham Hogg on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abercoby

Post by abercoby »

This server is TRUE. Just dat.
Rock hard, ride free

farnk

Post by farnk »

abercoby wrote:This server is TRUE. Just dat.
true dat.

kaivan and derrick are the most professional staff on any free server out there, hell probably even OSI aswell. as i've stated before 100x, something needs to be done to spark some interest to new players and ones who have left. i just feel some staff interacting with the community would go a long way.

abercoby

Post by abercoby »

farnk wrote:
abercoby wrote:This server is TRUE. Just dat.
true dat.

kaivan and derrick are the most professional staff on any free server out there, hell probably even OSI aswell. as i've stated before 100x, something needs to be done to spark some interest to new players and ones who have left. i just feel some staff interacting with the community would go a long way.
hell yeah bro, lets go now and mind blast some chicks haha.
Rock hard, ride free

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Wernham Hogg wrote:Yep. A server wipe is surely the best way to get people back on here.

Im sure most of current players would love to lose their stuff.
And the ones who left will probably come back if they know their stuff has been wiped.
And the ones who havent got a char here yet probably havent got it because they're waiting for the shard to get wiped before they can logon.

But seriously, no.
This shard has got an excellent reputation for being extremely professional. Even though we're at an all time low at the moment when it comes to population.
Wiping the shard would turn it into a joke.
This. ^^^
Also, this topic comes up every so often and, being that this is the only free shard I've ever played, I have to ask, is there an example of a free shard that has EVER benefited from a wipe? Seriously. Please tell me because it sounds like a HORRIBLE idea to me. I can't picture a scenario where the shard benefits from something like that.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

i enjoy pickles
^

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

The worst thing you can ever do to a shard is wipe it on the players. Sure, there's a very vocal minority of power gaming fools that see no problem in it. Unfortunately, there is a rather silent majority that goes about their business not reading the forums that often ( if ever ) and that are more of weekend warriors, tinkerers, and casual gamers. They play when they can around real life. These kind of players simply do not have the time to invest in starting over and would simply be gone forever after a wipe.

I used to play on the original Angel Island and, oddly enough, owned the Vesper Beach there. After they wipe it "to fix this or that" I never played there again.

Why? Ain't nobody got time for that! ...well, most of us don't.

Anywho,

Terribad idea.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

inkognito wrote:Living the troll life.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I'd be down with a server-wipe.

It's not like this is the first time this has come up.

Starting over again would give everyone something to do.

Regarding the redistribution of wealth though, I don't think it will be particularly effective. Those people who put the work in the first time around will still be the same ones to do it the second time around.

One house per account (which still comes to 3) would be the way to go, in terms of era accuracy and just basic common sense.

I mean I have 14 houses, just cuz I can. But I have to admit it's kinda silly. In era, placing a house was a major challenge. I remember guild wars over a single small spot.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I'd also be in favor of eliminating Razor. In era, such third party apps were illegal.