Public Millstone

Topics related to Second Age
Returning Player

Public Millstone

Post by Returning Player »

I've been looking all over for the answer to this question and haven't found one, so if someone would be kind enough to tell me where the heck I can find a bakery with a public millstone, I'd sure appreciate it. I've seen one years ago when I first started playing, but that was a long time ago and I can't remember where I saw it.

I'm just wanting to grind my wheat. I like to make my characters as self=sufficient as possible and don't want to pay for flour. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I haven't been able to find mention of this in any guide, including the official one I got back when the game first started (which I still have a copy of).

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Public Millstone

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Returning Player wrote:I've been looking all over for the answer to this question and haven't found one, so if someone would be kind enough to tell me where the heck I can find a bakery with a public millstone, I'd sure appreciate it. I've seen one years ago when I first started playing, but that was a long time ago and I can't remember where I saw it.

I'm just wanting to grind my wheat. I like to make my characters as self=sufficient as possible and don't want to pay for flour. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I haven't been able to find mention of this in any guide, including the official one I got back when the game first started (which I still have a copy of).

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Welcome back first of all. If your talking about a flour mill, you are more than welcome to use
Trinny Stone Vendors for any crafting/training as we have oven/flour mill, anvil/forge, loom/spinning wheel,
training dummy/pickpocket dip.

I would however use the hiding skill if you will be doing it unattended. Other wise you may encounter death,
its at your own risk. Though I would hope my customers wouldn't bother you.

Enjoy the return
Cheers
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Returning Player

Thanks. I'm going to have to work on my hiding skill, since I've already gotten my rear end handed to me on a silver platter by monsters after accidentally entering the wrong moongate and then not being able to find my way back.

I'll make my way there as soon as I can. Thanks again.

ETA: I visited last night. Talk about adventures in running!

By the way my character's name is Tupelo. Wave at me if you see me ingame.

Zong

Post by Zong »

Returning Player wrote: By the way my character's name is Tupelo. Wave at me if you see me ingame.
I am sure more then a few people will be happy to give you more then a wave.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Not sure who owns this, but there is a lovely public bakery house in Moonglow you can use. It has a flour mill and water trough.
Attachments
bakery.JPG

Brules

Post by Brules »

That house is surrounded by $$$ Public Housing. Send me a PM if you are in need of a small house to live in temporarily while you get started here!

LotharTheGreat

Post by LotharTheGreat »

There is a public building within the guard zone just across the little bay to the west of Yew Bank that has flour mills in it. Never used the mills there, but I know there are several of them in the building. No water troughs that I remember, though.
chumbucket wrote:Chess isn't for everyone. But ... knights move in L's, and that is the nature of things.

Returning Player

thanks for all the help. My character is currently in Moonglow so I will look for that building. I'm not too sure about the housing situation yet, though. I'll have to think about that.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I've got a house very near that bakery I can co-own you to til you get set up. Also I have some other houses on moonglow I could set up with an oven and flour mill. I'm not sure how to make a water trough though, so maybe the house nearby the bakery is still your best bet.

Returning Player

Returning Player wrote:thanks for all the help. My character is currently in Moonglow so I will look for that building. I'm not too sure about the housing situation yet, though. I'll have to think about that.

Thank you very much for all your help. I don't know if i will be on later tonight, but I sure appreciate all the kind people on this shard.