Tame Control

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightmare

Re: Tame Control

Post by nightmare »

Kaivan wrote:Just here to point out a couple of quick things:
  • The "random attack" that firebreathers had was only when they were newly tamed. The solution that stopped them from randomly attacking was to take them across a server boundary. Since we don't have those kind of boundaries here, we really shouldn't even have the random attack for firebreathers active here, because if we had it working as it did on OSI, there would be absolutely no point to owning a firebreather whatsoever.
  • The control difficulty is something that was gauged off of the research that we had done. While I don't know the exact figures we have right now, the ballpark estimate that was given stated that a fully fed dragon being controlled by a GM tamer with GM animal lore only had about a 90% chance to listen. Given that set of circumstances as a best case scenario, I wouldn't be too terribly shocked if multiple failures for controlling higher end pets would occur, considering the fact that each failed command makes the next one even more difficult.
Yes we understand the 90% thing for gm and the decrease for the lower tamers or the way it should be!!! We dont understand the 60% for gm and the 2% for anything under that!!!

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

Taboo- First of all, In t2a you did not have to spam all kill 6 times because YOU COULDN'T CONTROL 6 DRAGONS AT A TIME! There was a limit on followers, tames, and summons which for some reason I haven't seen anyone mention. This thing with tamers rolling with 6 dragons is ridiculous on this shard. Dragons and demons took up two of your 5 follower slots so you could have 2 max. I think you might have been able to have 3 elementals tho.

Secondly, You are right about "all kill". This command should work on all your pets at once. It just that your not supposed to be able to have so many.
Last edited by Eaglestaff on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pet caps or "followers" wasn't added until the AOS expansion.

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

Well then it must have been something to do with animal lore or difficulty of controlling because i never before saw on t2a people with more than 2 dragons. I do specifically remember when they added animal lore to be necessary for tamers.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There was also a change after UOR where the more pets that you had around you decreased the probability rate of them obeying you.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Kaivan wrote:Just here to point out a couple of quick things:
  • The "random attack" that firebreathers had was only when they were newly tamed. The solution that stopped them from randomly attacking was to take them across a server boundary. Since we don't have those kind of boundaries here, we really shouldn't even have the random attack for firebreathers active here, because if we had it working as it did on OSI, there would be absolutely no point to owning a firebreather whatsoever.
  • The control difficulty is something that was gauged off of the research that we had done. While I don't know the exact figures we have right now, the ballpark estimate that was given stated that a fully fed dragon being controlled by a GM tamer with GM animal lore only had about a 90% chance to listen. Given that set of circumstances as a best case scenario, I wouldn't be too terribly shocked if multiple failures for controlling higher end pets would occur, considering the fact that each failed command makes the next one even more difficult.
A little update on some new information that I have found in regard to tamed fire breathers.
Faust wrote:Log of the fifth UO Open House
June 18, 1998, #straticshoc on irc.stratics.com
Topic: "General Discussion wrote:
DenDragon - *SkyDemonX* Taming question: will it be made so that taming dragons and hellhounds and feeding them to extremely happy will ever make them not randomly attack people? Seems like taming is worthless since December and now if horses go wild in town, they are clobbered before you can retame.
DD - We don't currently have any plans to make those "safe" in that way by merely feeding. Maybe in a taming revision at some point we could make it dependent on the taming skill of the person giving orders or something, but we don't currently have plans for a taming revision
Log of the sixth UO Open House
July 2, 1998, #straticshoc on irc.stratics.com
Topic: "Reaction to the Reputation System and other Misc. Things" wrote:
DenDragon - *Stevens* I'm a Dragon tamer and before the rep patch it was hard to control , but with the patch each time the dragon attack by it's own i get flagged criminal and everyone attack me. Plan to do something about that?
BugKiller - Perhaps dragons should be a bit more controllable. However, currently when tamed, they are still more wild then most. And if someone takes a wild animal into a crowded area (even on a leash), and it bites someone. It's still the fault of the guy holding the leash.
These don't seem to be affected by crossing server boundaries, dragons being completely insane was. Which would also be implementable, I would think, since the boundaries are known.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat