Best buld for a Mage

Moderator: Support Moderators

sMikedufFx

Best buld for a Mage

Post by sMikedufFx »

Hey guys ! Im new on this server and im planning on building a Mage.
At the moment, rising hiding for dex, minning for str and musicianship/anatomy for intel. I'll lower them down later.

So, I would like your opinion about my build :

STATS :

100 STR
25 DEX
100 INT

SKILLS :

100 Magery
100 Medit
100 Alchemy ( For god damn pots ! )
100 Healing OR Inscrption ( For scrolls )
100 Eval. Intel.
100 Anatomy ( Any good for a mage ? )
100 Resist Spells

So, I would like your advices and im here to know what you think about it !

Thanks !

- Mike

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Best buld for a Mage

Post by Daolin »

sMikedufFx wrote: 100 Magery
100 Medit
100 Alchemy ( For god damn pots ! )
100 Healing OR Inscrption ( For scrolls )
100 Eval. Intel.
100 Anatomy ( Any good for a mage ? )
100 Resist Spells
Alch? For mules. No bonus.
Inscription? For mules. No bonus.
Anatomy? For dexxers. No bonus.
Healing? If you want to be a master of killing nothing and not dying.

You must have wrestling. No question. Must have a combat skill in some shape or form.

classic 7x mage for pvp:
magery, meditation, eval, resist, wrestling, swords, tactics

If its non-PvP, well then its a different story entirely

Senses

Post by Senses »

Well, the best build for a mage is a tank mage.

100 tactics
100 magery
100 evaluate intelligence
100 meditation
100 resist
100 swordsmanship
100 wrestling

But what you might be asking, is what is the best pure mage. Or maybe you want to know the best roleplaying mage creation, or maybe you just want a Mage Townie Crafter. So I guess I need more info to help.

sMikedufFx

Post by sMikedufFx »

Thanks for the advice guys ! Actually, what I wanted was an auto-dependant mage so I wouldnt have to buy pots from 1000 vendors and bla bla bla. But, I guess what the tank mage is a real good option and then ill make a mule w/ crafting skills starting with alchemy and inscription. Thanks for the tips !

-Mike

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Alchemy is definetly a skill you would want on your crafter. Those GHeal pots will be your best friend :P
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Senses

Post by Senses »

*apparently little known shard fact* You can run up to 3 accounts at once on this here shard!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Senses wrote:Well, the best build for a mage is a tank mage.

100 tactics
100 magery
100 evaluate intelligence
100 meditation
100 resist
100 swordsmanship
100 wrestling

But what you might be asking, is what is the best pure mage. Or maybe you want to know the best roleplaying mage creation, or maybe you just want a Mage Townie Crafter. So I guess I need more info to help.
So what is the best template for a role playing mage Senses. I'm so tired of getting wtf pwned by superior role playing templates.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Well, I think the best roleplaying mage template would be to take a popular mage in literature and try to create it using UO skills. Like Gandalf, the obvious choice.

I mean you would obviously want 100 magery, and 100 meditation, probably 80 resist, I just dont think he was a GM. Then you would want to use a Quarterstaff effectively so maybe 60 maces. I also see him as an Inscriptionist, I don't know why. Then you could fill in the gaps with some Forensics, maybe a little alchemy, some Taste ID and definitely 100 evaluate intelligence.

Now granted, I know your particular post was an attempt at some bit of sarcasm, but I thought I'd treat you to a bit of my wisdom rather than play into your crude jest.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Senses wrote:Well, I think the best roleplaying mage template would be to take a popular mage in literature and try to create it using UO skills. Like Gandalf, the obvious choice.

I mean you would obviously want 100 magery, and 100 meditation, probably 80 resist, I just dont think he was a GM. Then you would want to use a Quarterstaff effectively so maybe 60 maces. I also see him as an Inscriptionist, I don't know why. Then you could fill in the gaps with some Forensics, maybe a little alchemy, some Taste ID and definitely 100 evaluate intelligence.

Now granted, I know your particular post was an attempt at some bit of sarcasm, but I thought I'd treat you to a bit of my wisdom rather than play into your crude jest.

You are truly the master.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Tushay.
AIM : Progn0sis

Return to “New Player Help”