Cheese eating ogres

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Cheese eating ogres

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So I am macroing and I fumble cheese on top of an ogre to which it vanished. Which brought me to a question. Can you feed or arm monsters?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cheese eating ogres

I mean when you loot a spawn with a macing weapon you realize why your stamina was draining. Can you Equip them? I would drop some magic on them then and lead my champion armies with my bard lol
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

oh if only you could gate them on top of it all if this were the case....some rules are made to be broken I say. You would bring a crowd and amplify guild war to extraordinary levels.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I think more people might chime in on this topic if they had some clue of WTF you were talking about. :lol:

montier

Post by montier »

Moral of the Story: Don't Post Hammered

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I was macroing...I had an ogre in the house. I needed to get on top of the ogre so the other guys could hit it and not be targeted so I could just focus on healing the ogre and my dude. It was clustered in there, I had some cheese in a locked down I was trying to pass. Instead of making it to my dude who needed to pass through it ended up I gave it to the ogre and it disappeared.

So anyway you can give items to NPCs. Some orcs and other humanoid monsters with arms carry weapons. If an orc has a macing weapon on person for example it will drain stamina and you will find it on their corpse. I began fancying the idea of giving weapons to monsters including dped and imagined what it would be like if it were possible when you were able to gate monsters. You would have been able to situate scenarios where you could arm an entire orc fortress and march them through gates to a battlefield in order to provoke them and cause them to fight for you.

It could have been it got hung up in limbo in my macro, if not I was wondering if you could feed and arm monsters by dropping items on them.

Now could you imagine the ramifications of that? I am sure you could not feed them as it would be far too easy to DP a bunch of food and kill everything by merely dripping it on them. Although leaving the poisoned food on corpses for them to loot is another story. It still made me think.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Are you ian?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Vega wrote:Are you ian?
If the developers had made it so the NPCs could carry weapons and wear armor even spawn and npc reds where you could loot the items used, why could it not be taken a step further and let them equip those things looted or given? They increase in skill such a feature would only increase realism.

There was a time you could gate monsters, and it caused problems as you could gate beasts and tame them in safe areas or like one period here in UOSA Justice Island was covered in silver serpents.

To me that was a blessing not a curse. Some people however fought it and drove it into the ground.

If you don't see the advantages of leading a bunch of orcs with Dped or other trash magic weapons, it's no wonder you sit at the bank. Don't imply insult using Ian's name. My first impression of you was right.

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

I thought I recalled a Tale of Adventure where Downs or Chumbucket equipped a bunch of NPC mages with crossbows and hilarity ensued. Can't find it now though. When I tried to give an NPC armor or a weapon, I got the standard "I have no use for this" message.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

yes you were able to adorn and arm your hirelings as you would your own paperdoll, which makes sense because items wear. What good is a naked hireling to anyone but some twist? People like to remove features for gold or bragging rights as some vendors are all decked out grandfathered. Even though they are invulnerable I say their clothing should at least wear, and we should beat them until they are naked out of spite.