just wanted to say ty

Topics related to Second Age
sircharlestha3rd

just wanted to say ty

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

ty all for making uosa possible
ty gms for holding this shard together.
I hope it lasts forever speaking from the heart.
I hate all other shards and all there stupid rules.
This shard must be broadcasted and we need everyone's help to make sure we succeed.
All other shards are bs and are not era accurate.
we need to try to spread the word of this great shard w/ great staff to be everlasting.
I plan on making a nice size donation to the shard soon and hope others could do the same.
Uosa is the BEST shard imo and need to blow up once again.
F uof.
and all others..............
lets make it happen.
please........don't let this shard falter.
In the name of Richard Garriot.
Lets make it happen, vote, drink ale, and have a great time playing on THE best shard ever...............

FishinPro

Re: just wanted to say ty

Post by FishinPro »

ty...now, stop scamming people out of their stuff and more players will stick around...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Like what was said recently...the population count isn't the problem. The quality of the population IS.

People perhaps should take a good look in the mirror and how they conduct themselves in-game.

Sure, its fun to PK, but many have driven players off who eventually grew tired of the fact there's no escape from the regular patrols.

You may feel clever to scam someone. But your actions represent the entire server. Players leave here and tell their stories on other forums. Those stories mark this server.

And sure, it might be cool to cock-block at the IDOC by placing a small. But is that 12 hours you wasted to get 2x deed for a small really worth it, and is all that you have left in this game to enjoy, sitting around waiting for the decayed handouts of players you probably were partially responsible for their leaving?

And this obsessing over other servers, instead of worrying about them, encourage the staff here to inherit their ideas. There are some vibrant, dynamic (and growing in population) shards out there and instead of treating them like the enemy, learn from them. Implement some of their new ideas, and evolve as a shard. Because I will honestly say, after seeing one not-to-be-named particular shard's Halloween events, there's a lot of catch-up work to be done.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Can we get some other forms of advertisements? I see shards not even on the voting lists with somehow higher populations. I can vote on every website every day.. but that isn't advertising us enough.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I'm so tired of hearing its the quality of the population.
That's not it at all. There's so many good people who help this server and help new players its ridiculous. Here's the truth. This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard. Therefore new guys that don't know anyone that start here get pkd within hours, realize that it's "too hard" cause they are straight Trammy bitches and quit. There's a reason why uo went to trammel. There's a reason why the most popular mmorpgs out there that are "no loot," are the most popular and why the ones where pvp is dominant and especially the ones where you can loot are dying (like darkfall, mortal online etc) it's cause the majority of the mmorpg world doesn't like to die or pvp, they are pussies. Unfortunately for most of us that are still left here, we enjoy the risk, it's just we are the minority.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Menkaure wrote:I'm so tired of hearing its the quality of the population.
That's not it at all. There's so many good people who help this server and help new players its ridiculous. Here's the truth. This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard. Therefore new guys that don't know anyone that start here get pkd within hours, realize that it's "too hard" cause they are straight Trammy bitches and quit. There's a reason why uo went to trammel. There's a reason why the most popular mmorpgs out there that are "no loot," are the most popular and why the ones where pvp is dominant and especially the ones where you can loot are dying (like darkfall, mortal online etc) it's cause the majority of the mmorpg world doesn't like to die or pvp, they are pussies. Unfortunately for most of us that are still left here, we enjoy the risk, it's just we are the minority.
QFT and stfu Fishingnerd.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Kye Smogg wrote:Like what was said recently...the population count isn't the problem. The quality of the population IS.

People perhaps should take a good look in the mirror and how they conduct themselves in-game.

Sure, its fun to PK, but many have driven players off who eventually grew tired of the fact there's no escape from the regular patrols.

You may feel clever to scam someone. But your actions represent the entire server. Players leave here and tell their stories on other forums. Those stories mark this server.

And sure, it might be cool to cock-block at the IDOC by placing a small. But is that 12 hours you wasted to get 2x deed for a small really worth it, and is all that you have left in this game to enjoy, sitting around waiting for the decayed handouts of players you probably were partially responsible for their leaving?

And this obsessing over other servers, instead of worrying about them, encourage the staff here to inherit their ideas. There are some vibrant, dynamic (and growing in population) shards out there and instead of treating them like the enemy, learn from them. Implement some of their new ideas, and evolve as a shard. Because I will honestly say, after seeing one not-to-be-named particular shard's Halloween events, there's a lot of catch-up work to be done.
Shut up Blaise
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

farnk

Post by farnk »

my dog wants 2 play uo im trying to figure out a good template for him

hes a jack russell terrier

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

farnk wrote:my dog wants 2 play uo im trying to figure out a good template for him

hes a jack russell terrier
Your dog isn't smart enough. My Beagle has a 7x tank wizard and he runs this shit.
Reg Vendor located at Yealena's Trading Post
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50712

IRC: SirPsycho

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Menkaure wrote:This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard.
This couldn't be farther from the truth. UOSA may make it easier for players to PvP and PK relative to servers that actually adhere to the UOR ruleset, Trammel included, but this does not mean that T2A or UOSA is focused on these two things. It is abundantly clear that during the era, the ability to PK and the resulting tension were an integral part of the player driven world, but the world was far more than PKing and PvP, with everything else coming a distant second. The same is true, as much as we can manage it, here on UOSA.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:
Menkaure wrote:This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard.
This couldn't be farther from the truth. UOSA may make it easier for players to PvP and PK relative to servers that actually adhere to the UOR ruleset, Trammel included, but this does not mean that T2A or UOSA is focused on these two things. It is abundantly clear that during the era, the ability to PK and the resulting tension were an integral part of the player driven world, but the world was far more than PKing and PvP, with everything else coming a distant second. The same is true, as much as we can manage it, here on UOSA.
You missed my point and took what I said completely the wrong way.
My only point that since this IS a pre trammel shard, pvp/pking is focused more thats all. I'm not saying uosa IS all about those 2 things. But you can't deny the fact that the ruleset of this time period favors more of a murderer than, say, a tamer or pvmer then uor with trammel did. Where in trammel they are safe from any risk, here its nothing but risk.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I just pointed out that UOSA makes PKing easier to do than a server that adheres to a UOR ruleset. Your statement, whether intended or not, doesn't imply that there is a shift that makes PKing easier, but explicitly states that UOSA is all about PKing and PvP (e.g. focused on). I'm just pointing out that a generalization like that is far from accurate.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I'd like to say TY as well.... This is the only ruleset I have any desire to play.

We should still have automated events, though. Her her
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I thought this was an "I'm rage quitting thread." :(
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:I just pointed out that UOSA makes PKing easier to do than a server that adheres to a UOR ruleset. Your statement, whether intended or not, doesn't imply that there is a shift that makes PKing easier, but explicitly states that UOSA is all about PKing and PvP (e.g. focused on). I'm just pointing out that a generalization like that is far from accurate.
Man, I wasnt trying to generalize anything, or say that UOSA is all about pking and pvp.
What I am trying to say that the Second Age era IS more pk/pvp friendly then any era after it.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish