Raising Stealing

Topics related to Second Age
Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Raising Stealing

Post by Kriav »

I came across this "tricK" I dont see it anywhere on the forums.

I am stealing a pouch of regs and runes. I lowered the weight until I did not get the too heavy message. My char is has 45 str . Its new. I started this from 55. It has so far in a few hours taken me to stealing 62.5 right now. I get the message fail to steal and increases but I never get the bag in my backpack. I am thinking because I am too weak to carry it with my other stuff.

Anyone heard of this??

Bixby Legbone

Re: Raising Stealing

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Kriav wrote:I came across this "tricK" I dont see it anywhere on the forums.

I am stealing a pouch of regs and runes. I lowered the weight until I did not get the too heavy message. My char is has 45 str . Its new. I started this from 55. It has so far in a few hours taken me to stealing 62.5 right now. I get the message fail to steal and increases but I never get the bag in my backpack. I am thinking because I am too weak to carry it with my other stuff.

Anyone heard of this??
I have never heard of it before. I guess it could be easier than including in a macro to put the stolen pouch back into the packanimal. Thanks for sharing.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Are you too weak or will it exceed the stone limit? (125 items)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

It sounds like you're gaining skill off fails. The "too heavy" message isn't about your character's strength. It's about your stealing skill. Items (or containers with items) that are over 10 stones can't be stolen, so you receive the too heavy message.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.