What is a PK?

Topics related to Second Age
Wil

Re: What is a PK?

Post by Wil »

Emberdawn wrote:
Achiever to Killer is a very common path. Once the game’s opponents are no longer interesting, being limited by crude AI, actual other players offer a better challenge. A lot of people never want to take this step, and it’s arguable that they are driven not only by the fact that they dislike PvP, but also by the fact that they are statistically certain to lose most of the time.
Anyone find this to be right?
Of course! Being statistically certain to lose most of the time is a pretty good reason for disliking something, is it not?

Do you live life by repeatedly trying and failing to get better at the things you're bad at? No! That would be stupid. You figure out what you're good at and make it your goal to be better at that than anybody else.

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Well that would be right in the case where your fighting someone on even terms.

What about when you hunt and attack people who has no chance of defending themselves. A newbie. Some person on foot or even ganking.

Thats not skill is it?.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

The answer is in the tread, now you know move forward!!
You can elaborate what a pk is for ever. The question is answerd. :lol:

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Heh that was just a dumb question to get people started on the discussion.

Noone answered if it was skill or not. Probly because it isnt. Rather we are dealing with a group of people finding strength in numbers like a gang.

I had a pm from someone saying that there is actually something to gain from being a PK. TMaps and weapons.
Still..

Id think most weapons are force weapons as most people probly leave their vanq´s at home. Those weapons would probly need a repair and has suffered some permanent item health counts. Ouch would hate to buy one of those.

Nah.. Isnt it rather some kind of rush that makes it fun?.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

A PK is someone who kills indiscriminately, looks to get the jump on someone and take them out without any chance of a fair fight. There is a big difference between a "PK" and a red who chills at the GY and pvps.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This easiest answer to this is

PINK BOOTS!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Zwackelzahn

Post by Zwackelzahn »

Raph is wrong on the assumption that older males tend to play less agressive!

I am 48 now and have always been extremely competitive in rl as well as in PvP games.
I am an achiever/killer and it DOES NOT change with age let me tell you that! ;)

I will still play like this at 99 years old or even 120 if I make it - which I plan on! :)

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Ok well he says thats the typical person.. You an "in your face person" though? ;P

Anyway i was trying to hint at where i wanted to go with the last remark. I mean the Rush thing.

Now i havent pkd much but when your actually attacking someone it can go both ways. Theres a risk. Ive allways wondered. How many hours of work does most "Successfull" Pks actually loose if they loose?.

Wil

Post by Wil »

Emberdawn wrote:What about when you hunt and attack people who has no chance of defending themselves. A newbie. Some person on foot or even ganking.

Thats not skill is it?.
Sure it is! Griefers are sadists, people who take pleasure in others' pain. They're improving their talent for sadism, practicing for maximum effect. The practiced ones will even rez you and leave you most of your stuff as long as you'll stick around and acknowledge their dominance over you. They give you the knowledge that they can squash you like a bug, that they are in control, and you have to stand around and humor them on the hope they won't squash you again.

It takes little talent to hurt someone with a knife, but what high art to make someone on the other side of a computer screen feel pain and despair!

They may also do PvP... but PvP isn't their core skill, nor the challenge their core interest: they're in it for the pain.