Price Check: Lots of stuff

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Li Meiyang

Price Check: Lots of stuff

Post by Li Meiyang »

IDing all this junk I pull up from the MiBs seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'm thinking about just selling most of it directly to vendors. I'll go by category with my questions. Feel free to respond to one, all, or none.

1. Weapons: I'm thinking just ID the following weapons and sell off or smelt the rest without IDing.

Swords: Katana, Halberd

Mace: ???

Bows and Fencing I'll keep for myself.

2. Armor: I'm just gonna sell or smelt it all I think. Leather armor, same.

Or would it be better to cull through just the plate or something to make invuln sets to sell?

3. Clothes and Jewelry: I'm thinking just toss it all in the trash bin? Is it really worth sorting through? All I found were nighteyes, invisibility, etc.

4. Wands: I'm keeping the ID wands, and saving the GH and Lightening to sell in batches. Is that about right? What is the rate per charge on GH and lightening?

Thanks for any advice. I've only got a small and I hate to have more clutter than I can deal with, or spend a lot of time tediously IDing items in vain.

Capitalist

Re: Price Check: Lots of stuff

Post by Capitalist »

You have to specify the items or you're going to get a wildly misinterpreted answer so vague that it devalues your actual good items.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Well, I guess I was just looking for more general advice on how to maximize my profits on MiB loot while minimizing time/energy. It all ultimately relates to business finance, profits, prices and so on, but ok maybe belong in another forum category...

There was one price specific question in there regarding the price per charge for GH and Lightning wands. Still curious to know that if you have any idea. Tnks :)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I sell my gheal for 100/cg and lightning for 50/cg... I believe that's standard
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Tnks :)

If any other fisherman want to chime in about how they deal with MiB loot, I'd be really interested in hearing from them.

The forum mods are welcome to move this thread to "Traders Discussion" where I probably should have put it in the first place :oops:

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

When I used to do MIBs I would vendor sell anything under power/fortification to vendors. I kept all invis/tele/spell reflection. The rest also went to vendors. Of course Daemon's Breath/Thunder/Ghoul's Touch don't require the weapon to be above force. All of the rest do.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Oh, Ok tnks. I'll cull through the jewelry then I guess. I just didn't find any reflect or teleport stuff in there so I thought maybe it didn't come as loot on MiBs, but could've just been back luck.

The magic clothes I guess are all worthless? Or at least not worth IDing?

For the weapons and armor, yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. But I dont' think anybody will buy, you know, an invuln wooden shield or a vanq pickaxe, right? So that stuff I'm jsut gonna sell off to vendors without IDing.

I'm really curious to know what's worth keeping (i.e. what players will buy).

1. Weapons: Katanas, Halberds... any other sword items that will sell? What about macing, I just have no idea cuz I've only ever played a fencer.

2. Armor: Plate, chainmail.... anything else worth dealing with? I use invuln female plate and studded leather and get a pretty decent AC out of it without little or no dex loss. But I can just use that for myself. Invuln/Fort plate and chainmail are what actually sell on the market?

3. Shields: I'm guessing just heaters?

Bows I already know. Vanq bows and heavy x-bows rock.

Return to “Price Check”