Delete Please

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Degamra

Re: Castle in the Fens

Post by Degamra »

violator wrote:That's me. Worst trader in the World. I can live with that. Because I decided not to sell a castle full of rares, semi rares, and resources for a bargain basement price to a person who buys low and sells high, and somehow owns half the housing on the shard. You didn't make the steal of the century, so I'm horrible, and I can totally live with it. :-|
Starting bids, learn them.

Wonder

Post by Wonder »

violator wrote:That's me. Worst trader in the World. I can live with that. Because I decided not to sell a castle full of rares, semi rares, and resources for a bargain basement price to a person who buys low and sells high, and somehow owns half the housing on the shard. You didn't make the steal of the century, so I'm horrible, and I can totally live with it. :-|

if you didn't like it why did you make your s/b lower than what you wanted for the property? That's kind of the nature of an auction... it can go for lower or higher than you expect, if you don't want to take the risk of it going for lower than you want, why not just sell the property for a set value rather than accepting bids in an auction like environment.

either way it now makes you come off as kind of sleezy/skecthy used car salesmen
Kaivan wrote:Your overlord is here, and this thread is locked.
[04:34] <Vintirex> whats wrong? did it start saving again?

[03:02] <G[7thson]> anyone who knows pvp knows that using ghoul touch the whole fight isn't really pvp

BananaKush

Post by BananaKush »

Legalese: I reserve the right to withdraw from this should no acceptable offers come in.

Why are you guys still crying about this auction? he ended it, his auction. This does not make him look like anything other than withdrawing his auction in which he reserved the right to withdraw for an acceptable offer that he wanted.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

BananaKush wrote:Legalese: I reserve the right to withdraw from this should no acceptable offers come in.

Why are you guys still crying about this auction? he ended it, his auction. This does not make him look like anything other than withdrawing his auction in which he reserved the right to withdraw for an acceptable offer that he wanted.
Kind of like a starting bid?!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Wil

Post by Wil »

violator wrote:Legalese: I reserve the right to withdraw from this should no acceptable offers come in.
Howdy,

That's the "I'm not going to sell to you if you were the foul denizen who killed my sheep" line. For future reference, the language for what you did is: "There is a private RESERVE PRICE on this auction. I may not sell if the reserve isn't met."

This lets you *fairly and honestly* pull the stunt you just pulled. And it uses the standard language to alert the rest of us that you're testing the market for price and not serious about selling at the price described.

Regards,
Wil

death12

Post by death12 »

buying this castle for a bo of three castle deeds when he gets back on !:) everything stays in castle he said :)

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

IMHO if the auction mentions a SB, then any bid equal to, or greater than, the SB should take the property and the seller should have to deal with it if he doesn't like the bid.

If the auction does not use the phrase SB/Starting Bid, and the seller says "I can withdraw if I don't like the offers I've received" then he has the right to do so without taking shit from any of us.

Bright line.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The 500k excess made him sell... Are you kidding me?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

That is kinda messed up. If you had said that you would sell it for 500k more than the S/B, maybe Vega would have coughed it up. Selling it for what appears to be a Private bid for very little over the winning bid doesn't make you a bad salesman, it makes you someone that can't be trusted.

"Hey, I would let this go for 3 million instead of the 2.5 that you offered". or "I have a private bid of 3 million"

How about the fact that there was no 3 million buy out and yet the leading bidder didn't even get a chance to counter offer. It screams that you purposely didn't sell to Vega. If you didn't want him to win your castle, publicly say that his bids don't count because you don't like him. That's a simple solution.

Instead, you made yourself AND the winner of the auction look shady.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

death12

Post by death12 »

I asked what he would take he said three castle deeds so ok sold. I haven't got the castle yet waiting for him to get on

Boxcar Sean

Post by Boxcar Sean »

death12 wrote:I asked what he would take he said three castle deeds so ok sold. I haven't got the castle yet waiting for him to get on
SLIM SHADEY

death12

Post by death12 »

Lol

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

The truth is this:

1. I honestly thought there would be more than one bid on this.
2. I did set the starting bid too low, but...
3. That doesn't mean that I now have to sell it for the low ball offer.
4. I can live with being called "shady" by a few disgruntled online game tycoons. I might lose a little sleep over doing something really stupid and allowing myself to be ripped off however.

I don't have to sell it, and no one has to buy it. I didn't take the money for the castle and run without transferring. I simply refused to compound my own mistake.

I have done plenty of deals with people here that have gone off without a hitch. I have handed over castle deeds before property has been transferred to me, and I have done this the other way around too. I have given away houses to guild members. I am sure I have bought and sold properties from/to Vega before as well. For my part, this is nothing personal, but you're welcome to allow it to rent space in your heads if you want.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Well, the point is, even if you made your s/b too low, you could have raised it during the auction. You didn't. You ended it for a buyout not much higher than the "low" s/b. To a private bid, even.

It hasn't been too late to start over this whole time.

I recall inquiring about this in PM with you weeks before this auction and you didn't have time for me. I agreed to the price you were asking and you said you would get back to me. I saw no point in joining the auction. It's just a slap in the face that you ignored the auction, ignored the pm's we had, and then sold it to a private bidder for what I think is probably the same price you quoted me.

You don't have to be a good salesman to look around and see how things are done. You've been here long enough. You aren't a total idiot.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

I am truly sorry that you feel insulted/cheated/whatever. In retrospect, I probably would have handled this situation better if I had more time to deal with it, but if I had more time, I wouldn't be selling the castle in the first place.

As I stated above though, you're welcome to remain angry about it if you like and/or your personal time allows you to do so.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.