How do you guys Gain Archery? (my method inside)

Moderator: Support Moderators

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

How do you guys Gain Archery? (my method inside)

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Well, I'm trying to gain some Archery, and I am doing healing along with it. I tried the old and tested bladespirit that is trapped on a hill method, but unfortunately with my 30-40 skill, I missed too often for it to be worth my time. So I started a Newbie character, with 50str 10int 10dex. His skills are 50 Wrestle and 50tactics. I loaded him up with the strongest npc-purchased armor I could buy (that he could wear) and went to my house.

My archer stands next to him, attacking him with a crappy bow and healing him with bandages. Once the archers hitpoints go below 70 or so, I have it disarm the bow (so i dont kill newbie-trainer), step back and use a bandaid on self, then wait, arm bow and go back in there to battle).

There HAS to be a more efficient way to do this. At least I'll have a gm wrestler newbie character when I am finally done..

The Razor macro looks like this...

Code: Select all

Double click Bandages (by type)
Wait for Target (timeout in 1 second)
Absolute Target (targeting my newbie wrestler)
Pause 7 Seconds
Use Skill Anatomy
Absolute Target (targeting my newbie wrestler)
If Hits <= 60
 Undress:CharacterName (Use undress Agent to unequip Bow)
 Walk:East
 Walk:East
 DoubleClick Bandages (by type)
 Target:Self
 Pause 14 Seconds
 Walk:West
 End If
Dress:CharacterName (again, using the Undress agent to equip bow)
[loop is checked]
There is only 1 walk west, because when I step back so my newbie doesnt die, while I heal the little damage he did to me wrestling, I automatically turn to face him so I only need to move forward once, but backup twice. The useskill anatomy is just in there to gain some anatomy while I spar.

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Thanks

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How do you guys Gain Archery? (my method inside)

Post by RoadKill »

I shoot a trapped NPC order guard
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

How do you stop him from dying then?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

MatronDeWinter wrote:How do you stop him from dying then?
They currently heal themselves when they hit 10-15% health.

Hopefully it's fixed someday, but for now it's very handy for gaining combat skills
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Senses

Post by Senses »

They are still very killable though, especially with archery, you have to be sensitive!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So, how do I get them to my house? They do not seem to be hirable?

Senses

Post by Senses »

lawl, you smack them a couple times, then run them back...of course it helps if you live near an order guard establishment.

Vanathros

Post by Vanathros »

Just run around shooting everything you can, bears, llamas, cows, bulls, deer, weak ass NPC's such as healers in the wilderness. Shitload of animals west of Brit over the mountains. After you get 60-70ish, go rape Orcs in their little fort til about 80-90 then just go farm somewhere and you'll eventually hit GM.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Vanathros wrote:Just run around shooting everything you can, bears, llamas, cows, bulls, deer, weak ass NPC's such as healers in the wilderness. Shitload of animals west of Brit over the mountains. After you get 60-70ish, go rape Orcs in their little fort til about 80-90 then just go farm somewhere and you'll eventually hit GM.
Well that is SURELY not the method I would use but yes that would still work. That requires physically being at your computer killing things and unless you are killing something worth while it will get old fast!
AIM : Progn0sis

ChewY

Post by ChewY »

RoadKill wrote:I shoot a trapped NPC order guard
RK helped me doing it, ive spent 5k arrows and two bows from 30 skill to gm, and about... hmm.. hrrrmm, 5 hours?

Very nice,

Thanks again rk 8)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Okay, I finally got to like 90 tactics using a dagger on my PvM mage without wrestling. Going to start archery again so they gm about the same time, currently at 60 or so. Unfortunately I live nowhere near an order guard establishment, so I guess Ill have to find one, take it out to the coast and shoot it from my boat. That sounds plausable guys?

Thanks for all the info.

magecor

Post by magecor »

I haven't tried it yet here but I used to do this on LS... In Terethan keep there are a couple of places you can teleport to (top side) that are Monster safe. Get a mage to mark it for your fledgling archer. Recall in. teleport out, fish a non casting critter. Preferably a nasty one. Then get back to the spot and let fly the arrows. Does mean paying attention but it's a nice easy way to do it. That or trap wisp's was another fav. (Great resist gains)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Here is what I did to GM Archery guys,

I setup tables in a box around 1 tile in my house. I placed my archer near the tables with tons of arrows in the backpack. My mage stood directly behind the archer and ran this razor macro.

Cast Spell : Blade Spirit
Wait for Target (timeout 30)
Absolute Target (the spot between the tables)
Wait 109000ms (109 seconds)
loop.

I made sure the archer was in war more, and as soon as a bladespirit was cast it would always attack the closest thing (the archer). I got to GM archery from about 75 in like 4 hours using around 2500 arrows. In total I did this.

Temporarily get dex to 100
Buy skill to 30.
Shoot at cows and gather leather till 50
(Cows die faster thats why I did that, goats too, no bulls)
Then I lured an order guard from the brit road-keeps to my boat and took shots at him until about 75.
Trapped bladespirit in the house intil gm.

Tactics gained slower, I used a dagger and temporarily gained 60 fencing and some healing while hitting my PvM mage that has 0 wrestle. I did this while I was at 50 archery and got tact up to about 80, then I GM'ed archery and tactics was at 96. The remaining tactics I just finished by killing harpies and collecting feathers.

Return to “New Player Help”