era accuracy [should two handed weapons be poisonable]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

era accuracy [should two handed weapons be poisonable]

Post by Finesse »

If i could say any era i remeber this from was pre t2a when it was more relivent to the slower pvp system.

i know this feature was removed near the start of t2a because the hallys themself became a great advantage to be stocked up on :>

basicly this is neither right or wrong but i think the player base should vote on it at some point.

kaldori

Re: era accuracy [should two handed weapons be poisonable]

Post by kaldori »

If it was removed prior to T2a, there's no point on voting on it.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

it was not removed prior to t2a... i just said that

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This change came in March 2000, well after our absolute patch cut-off date of Dec 31, 1999
http://update.uo.com/design_159.html
Combat Enhancements Mar 27 2000 3:40PM CDT wrote:
  • You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
  • All poisons will now have a minimum damage. Poison does damage based on a percentage of the target's current hit points, at low levels, poison was less effective. If the formula that determines poison damage is less than the minimum associated with the poison, then the target will take the minimum value for damage.
  • Poisoned weapons will corrode unless wiped clean with oil cloth (which will be made by tailors). The more often a poisoned weapon is used before being wiped clean, the more durability it loses. You can only wipe off a blade once it has begun to corrode.
  • Only one-handed bladed weapons can be poisoned.
  • Having the poisoning skill will reduce the rate at which a poisoned weapon corrodes. For instance, a deadly poisoned weapon wielded by a character with over 50 poisoning would corrode as if it were greater poison. At over 99 skill, the deadly poison will corrode as if it were only regular poison. This will significantly reduce the rate at which poison corrodes a weapon when wielded by assassins (characters with the poison skill).

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

derrick where do you get all these patchnotes from?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This one came from googling this exact phrase:
"two handed poison site:update.uo.com"

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was actually an "in development" statement for the upcoming UOR patch. This wasn't actually patched in until the UOR publish http://update.uo.com/design_196.html. The documented release for this publish is April 28th, 2000. However, there are well known discrepencies with this that suggests the release date was actually around April 1st, 2000. The fact still remains that not being able to poison two handed weapons is out of era though.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

from personal exsperiance i know that it was taken out b4 uor went in. like i said it was both in and out in this era so neither is correct. the question is what would players prefer.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

2 handed weps were poisonably when i played. which was the t2a era. its a must have here imo.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Finesse wrote:from personal exsperiance i know that it was taken out b4 uor went in. like i said it was both in and out in this era so neither is correct. the question is what would players prefer.
This was not a t2a feature ever... It was patched in with the UOR publish as shown in the patch notes above. Accuracy comes above anything else here.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yet another reason to become a hally/mage.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Does poison corroad weps here? Also, I remember when you used to whack a slime or somthing poisonous it would give a message about poison corroding your weapon, wsa that post t2a?
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That came in the UO:R Publish: http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

Faust

Post by Faust »

Slimes stopped the acid blood stuff for ruining weapons early '99.