Ebay like forums

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jdq5001

Ebay like forums

Post by Jdq5001 »

I think we should include in someones profile a rating like ebay has for when you conduct a trade with someone you can leave them positive feedback or negative feedback etc... to increase the value of goods sold from people who do hard work to farm them and of course it would help stop people from trolling the forums for people to scam.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ebay like forums

Post by orionsune »

Well being an ebay seller and enthusiast myself, I like that idea.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I agree this shouldnt be to hard to implement as well.

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

This is just one of those community things that shouldn't need an additional addon, T2A involved a lot of "community". Go by word, ask your buddies..it's not hard to find out who is trust worthy, we shouldn't have forum add ons that build your name for you.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

A lot of forums have an option that can be enabled for "reputation" - That might be a good thing to add here.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Senses

Post by Senses »

I agree with Hemp. The basic idea here is that people have a right to take advantage of others, and its up to your due diligence to not get ripped off. Ultima Online always had this mentality. Having a reputation system on the forums would really be no different than forcing thieves to have purple colored names so you can better spot then snooping your shit at the bank. Everyone eventually gets ripped off, and while it really sucks when it happens, you learn your lesson and try to reap a powerfull vengeance on the person that got you.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Senses wrote: its up to your due diligence to not get ripped off
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Also, you would get whole guilds rating enemies down, it would just be a major mess and cause further problems.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

hai t2a wrote:Also, you would get whole guilds rating enemies down, it would just be a major mess and cause further problems.
Agrees. Grudges and vendettas against a player or an entire guilld could ruin what would probably be good persons to trade with.

There are enough game mechanics in game to limit how bad one gets screwed if one is patient enough and willing to use them.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

hmm perhaps it could be set up so that the seller/buyer has to approve you to rate them? then if the person refuses to approve you'll know they most likely are untrustworthy. I just thought it seemed like a good idea i know i really like having repeat customers with my resource gatherer because i know i can trust them IE i can just throw the boards on the ground and expect to be paid after... it was just a thought i had seems like it'd be quite useful especially for newer players.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

BUMP! ... i still like this idea

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RoadKill wrote:A lot of forums have an option that can be enabled for "reputation" - That might be a good thing to add here.
I'm waiting for a decent mod for phpbb3 that will allow this.

D-Chocolate

Post by D-Chocolate »

Wouldn't it be kind of simple to circumvent this?

i.e. I want to scam someone, so i make another forum account and use that, thus saving the reputation of my main account? Just a thought

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

before you buy anythign from anyone, hop in irc and ask, thers 100 peopel in there who will knwo who the person is and if they are trustworthy
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

There are some very basic, free auction pages like this one http://www.helpfiles.us/cgi-bin/auction.pl. That particular one does not have a feedback system, but there are some that do. I only slapped this page on my server with all defaults just to give an idea to anyone interested. Maybe someone is willing to host a site external to uosecondage, or even integrate it into this site. Eh, anyway there are some interesting options there. Here is a list of pay for and freebies. http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_a ... /Auctions/. Of course they are all geared towards using real money, but that is an easy fix.