And so continues the successful experiment known as UOSA.

Topics related to Second Age
Halbu

Re: And so continues the successful experiment known as UOSA

Post by Halbu »

armybyz wrote:all tg does is gank.
Same as every other red guild on this server. It's expected because most are afraid of statloss and they have trouble killing bards solo lol.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Downs wrote:Hi blaise

Tom

Post by Tom »

I found a condemned keep, anyone wanna know where it is?

Gork

Post by Gork »

yes sir!

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

memememe wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm still getting nerdchills when playing this game. Thank you Derrick and staff for providing us with such a great and unique gaming experience.

Just can't be said enough, especially with all the hate going on here by bitter players.
YAY uosa is great :o

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

malice-tg wrote:
memememe wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm still getting nerdchills when playing this game. Thank you Derrick and staff for providing us with such a great and unique gaming experience.

Just can't be said enough, especially with all the hate going on here by bitter players.

YESSSSSSS SIR!!

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Robbbb wrote:
malice-tg wrote:

YESSSSSSS SIR!!
Yessssss x2
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Timelord

Post by Timelord »

Kye Smogg wrote:

Wow the other poster must have really touched a nerve for people to have to be creating a kiss-up anti-post. It's like some of you guys just get all butthurt when someone quits.

I think it was mostly that the OP of the quit thread quit, left and isn't seeing all the UOSA fanboy responses and that really bothers you. When people post the "I quit" posts and keep replying in their own thread, people call them out for continuing to stick around. But when they just say "f@%kit, I'm gone" and really go, you dorks can't stand that either.

There's a lot of other very good servers out there. People are finding that out. While the server is great, the community for a large part is absolute trash. You can take the very worst of Xbox Live and Legend of Legends, roll them up into one and it would still be more appealing than this crowd.
Well at least some one gets it! Even after saying I believe 3 or 4 times it's not about the money the last thread and this one is still full of people talking about how much money they don't have and are still "enjoying the game".

Well I had to jump on once more and say I do thank UOSA and the 3 or 4 cool ppl I met in the last year for re-awakening my love of UO. I have actually found a shard where, yes, there are still plenty of knobshines and actually way cooler ppl but even besides that... Here's a newsflash for the UOSA community. UOSA is so incredibly, hugely and pathetically behind the times as a UO shard. Things got nuts on the OSI proper game with Samurai and Necros and Trammel and so many other things but there are shards out there with all of the good and none of the bad. No Trammel no crazy classes that completely unbalance things but they do have complete house customization (including a dozen new designs UOSA will never see), dozens of new and cool creatures, events like every week where evil forces come out of whatever and take over towns, faction wars like Britains vs Minax, etc... with the faction vendors and colored guards and the rest, Ethereal mounts and holiday items as (admittedly rare but at least attainable) prizes for events and not just some uber-rare thing the first 5 ppl on the shard got, bulk item books for orders of goods on vendors, colored runebooks and spellbooks and other cool-looking items, the ability to actually place something other than a small shack as a house.... The list goes on and on.

Keep thinking it's all about Roadkill's IDOC and and the phat lootz I missed out on. But to the 2 or 3 ppl that got what I was saying and recommended my new shard...holy shit thanks you guys rock.

Enjoy the stone age fellas...and gl!

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Timelord wrote:
Kye Smogg wrote:

Wow the other poster must have really touched a nerve for people to have to be creating a kiss-up anti-post. It's like some of you guys just get all butthurt when someone quits.

I think it was mostly that the OP of the quit thread quit, left and isn't seeing all the UOSA fanboy responses and that really bothers you. When people post the "I quit" posts and keep replying in their own thread, people call them out for continuing to stick around. But when they just say "f@%kit, I'm gone" and really go, you dorks can't stand that either.

There's a lot of other very good servers out there. People are finding that out. While the server is great, the community for a large part is absolute trash. You can take the very worst of Xbox Live and Legend of Legends, roll them up into one and it would still be more appealing than this crowd.
Well at least some one gets it! Even after saying I believe 3 or 4 times it's not about the money the last thread and this one is still full of people talking about how much money they don't have and are still "enjoying the game".

Well I had to jump on once more and say I do thank UOSA and the 3 or 4 cool ppl I met in the last year for re-awakening my love of UO. I have actually found a shard where, yes, there are still plenty of knobshines and actually way cooler ppl but even besides that... Here's a newsflash for the UOSA community. UOSA is so incredibly, hugely and pathetically behind the times as a UO shard. Things got nuts on the OSI proper game with Samurai and Necros and Trammel and so many other things but there are shards out there with all of the good and none of the bad. No Trammel no crazy classes that completely unbalance things but they do have complete house customization (including a dozen new designs UOSA will never see), dozens of new and cool creatures, events like every week where evil forces come out of whatever and take over towns, faction wars like Britains vs Minax, etc... with the faction vendors and colored guards and the rest, Ethereal mounts and holiday items as (admittedly rare but at least attainable) prizes for events and not just some uber-rare thing the first 5 ppl on the shard got, bulk item books for orders of goods on vendors, colored runebooks and spellbooks and other cool-looking items, the ability to actually place something other than a small shack as a house.... The list goes on and on.

Keep thinking it's all about Roadkill's IDOC and and the phat lootz I missed out on. But to the 2 or 3 ppl that got what I was saying and recommended my new shard...holy shit thanks you guys rock.

Enjoy the stone age fellas...and gl!
You certainly picked the wrong shard if you are looking for house customization and what not. As you have heard a thousand times this is about replicating a time period and as closely as possible. Now certainly there are factors that go into that that lead to unsavory elements to the game (bugs that won't be patched out etc.) but I don't think anyone will shed a tear for someone who put mere months into this server leaving because you are not nearly the first.

Sorry you did not enjoy but to blast the shard via forums is just pointless.

Also, many people came to this shard to not be a part of house customization etc. etc. There are plenty of servers out there and people that play here or played here have gone onto some of them, some permanently, but that is the nature of all things I suppose.

You call it the stone age, but pal, for the large majority of us that played on OSI during the real T2A, this server serves as a flashback to 98-99 that other servers really can't grab, and of course this server tries to grab that to a T. All in all, if your going to call this server stone age, you may as well call every server that because this game is old as anything, but I still love it, and many others do as well.

And to end, I would put money on you did not play on OSI during the T2A era, and you missed out then and now...if you were even alive then :)

Also for your future reference when you are joining a shard - you should research what exactly the mechanics are and what not because your cup of tea certainly sounds like the UOR time period. Then you dont have to needlessly flame servers because you can't adapt/don't like.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Downs wrote:Hi blaise
Fully.. how ironic, given the nature of the post

Lol!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Timelord, you realize this is called the Second Age, right? You realize that the Second Ag expansion came out in like 1998 right? Now, you MUST realize then, that the people who play here ENJOY PLAYING IN THE STONE AGE. The reason? Because it was the golden age of UO, before all your stupid house customizations and garbage Trammel. Before MAges could no longer have a weapon skill if they wanted to survive, and before dexxers were dexxers and not Lumberjacks, and Para Fencers. This was the best age, you just are too new for its blood.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish