Question about askuosecondage

Topics related to Second Age
Orion GM B^D

Question about askuosecondage

Post by Orion GM B^D »

I login in just fine, but when I ask a question, I get the ? is spam. I'm asking a
real uo related question. This has been happening to me everytime and I have found my answer
somewhere else or figured it out myself.

Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks in advance :)
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Question about askuosecondage

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

That's pretty odd. Some automated spam filters are known to look for posts that are link heavy, or contain certain words, but I haven't seen any problems like that on the AskUOSA website as of yet. Could you provide some context about what you were posting, either in this thread, or PM it to me?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You'll also get blocked if you try and respond to multiple questions within a 'short' period of time, and by short I want to say its like a 10-15 minute delay between posts or you'll get flagged as a spammer.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Based on what you PM'd me, I would assume Akismet (a global "spam database" used by millions of websites powered by multiple software) is flagging the post due to the item code <Item props> but I'm not at my desk currently, so I can't test that theory out.

I'll take a deeper look later today and reply to your PM about it.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.