Hythloth Spawner

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
HardActToFollow

Hythloth Spawner

Post by HardActToFollow »

REPORTED ISSUE: Monsters are spawning outside behind the walls.

ISSUE DETAILS: The monsters are spawning outside the hallways. This is causing the spawn to dewindle away because all the monsters cannot be killed and there are fewer spawns to fight. I hate being a spawner nazi but i figured you might want to know about it.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Hythloth

STEPS TO RECREATE: N/A

EXPECTED RESULTS: Correct the spawning location to spawn actually in the hallways or in an area where players can engage them.

DATE REPORTED: 02/06/09

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Faust

Re: Hythloth Spawner

Post by Faust »

Are you talking about monsters spawning behind walls and locations that are inaccessible to reach? If this is the case this isn't a bug. It was very common for creatures to spawn in any of these locations during this era.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

I would say this was accurate in the game back in the day, but did OSI and the game designers really want that to be happening? In this situation, should we take the initiative and fix the problem.

Anybody else agree with me on this? I understand that the monsters can still be killed w/ magic, but still...just a though 8)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Faust

Post by Faust »

We use many of the popular bugs that existed during t2a that doesn't harm anyone. I don't believe this really harms anyone and it's a nice sight for me to see personally. It is just another piece of nostalgia added to the server that brings back memories.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

except if u remember on osi when the server would hang up and got rebooted the monsters would respawn in hall ways mostly ... lol :P
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This happens on Titan island in T2A as well. Titans spawn on the back wall and you cannot kill them, not even with EQ or Chain Lightening. Annoying because if there is a titan there then I believe that another one wont spawn.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We try to fix these areas in the outside world as they are reported. I'll give Cyclops Valley a good going over.

Thanks

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm sure everyone who hunts in Cyclops Valley will be thankfull!